Home

Phil Jackson to return for 10-11 season (Update - PG 2

This is a discussion on Phil Jackson to return for 10-11 season (Update - PG 2 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #25
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Will Phil Jackson return next year?

I'd bang Jeanie Buss all day...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 AM   #26
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I'm not sure it's gonna be his final season. Phil seems to be addicted to winning.

Also, not sure what he's gonna do when he does quit (other than spending time with the family). I can't really see him as a commentator.

I can't see him as a commentator either but I think he'd be really good and interesting to listen to in a Bill Walton kind of way.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I would love to see him get another 3peat, and I think he will be back as long as his body can hold up for another season.

But a part of me would like to see a new coach running the Lakers too. I really want to see how Kobe and the rest of the guys look in the offenses used by todays teams.

Watching the Celtics play and execute the plays they ran was fun to watch would love to see the Lakers running a more up to date offense..
Umm, the triangle is a beauty to watch when in full motion and well oiled

everybody touches the ball and it's very complex

Boston has an average offense
Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #28
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Phil Jackson to return for 10-11 season (Update - PG 2

Glad Phil is coming back.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

You gotta love the Zen-Master. This is simply classic

Quote:
"I got a message from on high ... that said, 'Phil, you've got to come back, there is a need to fulfill the prophecy. You know 12 [titles] is a holy number and 11 just doesn't fill that,' '' he wrote. "So I listened to my doctors and watched the sunrise and the sunset a few times and, voila, I'm back.''
Old 07-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #30
Rookie

CougarMVP's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpe14
What do you guys think.
I truly think 2010-11 will be his final season. He doesn't have anything to prove except try to win it 3 years in a row with Kobe.
NBA: Seattle Supersonics (R.I.P)
MLS: Seattle Sounders
WNBA: Seattle Storm
NHL: Seattle Kraken
Other NCAA: Oklahoma Sooners, Fresno State Bulldogs
HBCU Sports Fan/Supporter
Old 07-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Love it, love it, love it. I'll add one more

Right now, the Lakers are the favorites. Not just because they won, but because at this very moment, every contender in the league is weaker, unless you count the Thunder, Portland and the Rockets as contenders. Lakeshow still have to do something about the PG position, but IF Bynum can finally be healthy, I think he showed that he can play with Pau and Odom and honestly, I think they beat the C's in 5 if he's healthy. I just do not think they would have won any of the rebounding battles with him playing 30 mins a game at 100%.

One last run for Phil will be great, and since they know he's leaving, they can start officially grooming Shaw to inherit the position. Hopefully Kupchack has one more trick up his sleeve to get some depth on this team. Someone slip some HGH into Luke Walton's skin creme so he has to retire, please.
That's a good point.

This current Lakers team really is a 70 win team. Gasol missed 17 games, Bynum missed 17 games, Kobe missed 9 games and had a bad knee/ankle/finger, Artest was new to the offense and struggled with his shot, Odom was playing on a bum shoulder all season, even bench guys like Walton, Farmar, Sasha missed long stretches.

All season, they never played with a sort of consistency or full chemistry due to guys always being out. They had injury and health issues all season long and STILL won 57 games.

On top of that, they made the Finals 3 years in a row (winning 2) without their center being at full strength for any of those runs. People that watch the Lakers know how dominant they are when Bynum is full strength. The Lakers were winning by a margin of 10+ points (incredible) with him at full strength, and also dominating the paint and boards (both ends of the court) EVERY game.

That's why I don't feel bad for Perkins missing the last 2 games. Lakers were playing with a handicapped Bynum the whole playoffs (and it was worse in the Finals). If he was even healthy, it wouldn't even matter about Perkins. LA would have win in 5 pretty easily based on the fact that they would have dominated the paint every game.

Sure, Lakers won back to back, but they were this close to already having their 3-peat and going on their 4th. That would be amazing considering how deep and good the Western Conference is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #32
Banned

dossier's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur3asi3
I can't see him as a commentator either but I think he'd be really good and interesting to listen to in a Bill Walton kind of way.
O god do I hate Bill Walton, complete hack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »