Home

Which NBA player do you play most like?

This is a discussion on Which NBA player do you play most like? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Which NBA player do you play most like?

My friends compare me to Baron Davis (awww yea) and Steve Francis.

-DEM HANDLES!
-DAT ATHLETICISM
-DAT HOPS

And...well...that's about it
Look I'm a radical-I don't fit your game. I take it over, cementin' my name in lights. It lasts forever! So don't ya forget that when my name comes up point out I'm a legend- never to be forgotten, all my haters have been forgotten. Get ya popcorn popped cuz I'm a be a soldier til I'm 4ever stopped!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #34
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't think I could narrow it down to just one player, but my play resembles either Shaq or Jamal Crawford

Last edited by mikenoob; 10-14-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 15

I've been told Chris Webber and Elton Brand but I'm only 5'10 and between 230-240. I may sound out of shape but if you see me play you will change your mind. I refuse to be stopped in the post and people look at me and say I likely can't shoot but then I they find out I am a very consistent shooter as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play like Chauncey Billups (just without the body or passing abilities) or as my family puts it, "the black JJ Redick" (no racism intended).

I have a super-streaky shot and can drain them when uncovered or on a hot streak. I used to be a pushover but got a lot tougher just playing against my family, mainly my cousin. I was kinda forced to learn the art of post defense because of my older cousin, who was 3 years older AND 6 inches taller, who seemed to take pleasure in abusing his peers in post-up situations (since he's way above average height for his age). Trust me, you learn to defend the post when you've got somebody that much taller than you treating you like Earl Boykins in the paint. I used to get knocked around but finally learned to fight a bit more.

But it's not like I became better than him lol. After he learned I wasn't going to let him body me up like that, he started abusing me with an array of finesse-filled post moves. But to be honest, I give all credit to him for shaping my game for me. His long arms and suprising quickness made it to where I actually had to learn how to dribble to have any chance of driving on him. I went from a flat, no-jump shot release to having to actually jump to shoot. And I learned how to use ball fakes and adjust my shots because he'd smack the hell out of all my shots if I didn't

I'm sure like no one is gonna read all that. So I'm going to just summarize it all. I'm a streaky shooter who can play pretty good defense. My handles aren't quite up to par but I'm working on it. I'd consider myself a Chauncey Billups type of player but I've been compared more to JJ Redick or Eddie House.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy88
I've been told Chris Webber and Elton Brand but I'm only 5'10 and between 230-240. I may sound out of shape but if you see me play you will change your mind. I refuse to be stopped in the post and people look at me and say I likely can't shoot but then I they find out I am a very consistent shooter as well.
I hate playing against your type in pick up games LOL. Well, at least the version of you that completely ignores the fact that you're not supposed to stand in the paint/directly under the hoop for the entire possession.

Seems like every good, short/stocky/strong guy I know just camps out in the paint with no regard for the 3 second rule because no one can move them.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #38
Pro

I'll admit that I do find myself camping in the paint area a lot of the time but not every game that I play lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #39
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

My playstyle is similar to Allen Iverson, except with a passers mentality and more defensive effort.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #40
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I hate to say this...because I just hate the guy...but I probably play like Eduardo Najera

I'm 6-3 220 and am always the best conditioned guy on the court. I move well without the ball and find open spots to get my looks. I generally shoot off the catch and my 3-point range is dwindling for some reason. I used to be lights out...

On D I just annoy people because I try and don't get tired.

I can't dribble to save my life it's about a 75% turnover rate when I put it on the floor and try to shake somebody. I have not achieved isomotion IRL!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »