Home

The worst pick up players.

This is a discussion on The worst pick up players. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:10 AM   #825
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The worst pick up players.

I've got massive legs, used to do all the leg lifts in high school, for football, and, at 225 back in the day... still had like a 12 inch vert.

White boy genes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #826
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I am struggling to understand those who insist upon playing "grass out", "pole out", or "no outs". I had not really run into this at any point of my life but have now come across it multiple times this year alone. We have sidelines, we have baselines, they're legitimate lengths, why are we ignoring them? Still waiting on Brandon Jennings to stroll up in the pre-game captains huddle and declare, "Okay, tonight we're gonna go cameramen and scorer's table: new boundaries."
Old 09-03-2014, 01:12 AM   #827
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I am struggling to understand those who insist upon playing "grass out", "pole out", or "no outs". I had not really run into this at any point of my life but have now come across it multiple times this year alone. We have sidelines, we have baselines, they're legitimate lengths, why are we ignoring them? Still waiting on Brandon Jennings to stroll up in the pre-game captains huddle and declare, "Okay, tonight we're gonna go cameramen and scorer's table: new boundaries."
Are you playing with fourth graders or something? Lol

The only "no outs" I've ever seen is in half court games where the line at the center of the court isn't out unless it would've been a backcourt violation. Even that is pretty rare though.

Another player I hate is the "don't touch me" guy. If you have the height advantage and are posting up at every opportunity physical contact is kind of expected. Get over it.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #828
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
Are you playing with fourth graders or something? Lol

The only "no outs" I've ever seen is in half court games where the line at the center of the court isn't out unless it would've been a backcourt violation. Even that is pretty rare though.

Another player I hate is the "don't touch me" guy. If you have the height advantage and are posting up at every opportunity physical contact is kind of expected. Get over it.
Well, as I said, it's not something I see every day. They're usually out-of-towners, mostly from the city. I had a couple of friends tell me about a group of guys who showed up a few years ago and when one was called for being out of bounds, expressed disbelief, "Y'all don't play grass out?!" We always laughed about that. But then it happened to me twice this year. Flummoxing.

And yeah, the physical player who hates when people respond to their physicality with physicality can be a little maddening.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #829
MVP

OVR: 0

This is my jumper. Would appreciate some tips. Just a clip from a longer video I took on my phone, if you guys think I should post more then I will.

I couldn't find a good place to put my phone to get a good video, so I managed to stick it onto padding for the stanchion lol. anyway this is a video of a missed shot so if you see anything wrong with my shot mechanics I'd love some advice. Looking at this clip, it looks like I'm shooting on the way up and from my chest which might be why I bricked this shot and airball so many others lol.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #830
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

You also have one foot a pretty decent distance in front of the other. Try to keep them even. Also keep that elbow tucked in and at a 90 degree angle. You have the beginning of a nice follow through, but try and keep it going until the ball hits the rim and make that cookie jar motion with your hand.

Has all the beginning of a nice shot, though.

Last edited by AC; 09-30-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #831
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
You also have one foot a pretty decent distance in front of the other. Try to keep them even. Also keep that elbow tucked in and at a 90 degree angle. You have the beginning of a nice follow through, but try and keep it going until the ball hits the rim and make that cookie jar motion with your hand.

Has all the beginning of a nice shot, though.
So should my right foot be completely even with my left or slightly above it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #832
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
So should my right foot be completely even with my left or slightly above it?
It depends on the person, but I'd at the very least make them closer than they are now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »