Home

Who Are The Top 3 Pure Scorers?

This is a discussion on Who Are The Top 3 Pure Scorers? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #161
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
5th imo

10 char
Was I the only one expecting to see Kash have him in the 40-50th range? Lol

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #162
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Who Are The Top 3 Pure Scorers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
What do scores do? They score. Lebron is a scorer. What does Melo do? He scores. Why is Lebron on the court? He can do more than score right? Okay..what is Melo's purpose? Can you name one thing Melo does besides score? What about Amare? Does he do anything besides score? Monta Ellis? Dirk? Durant? Why are they on the court? To score. None of those are particularly good on defense, nor do they called on to dish out assists. The only job they have to do is score. Lebron has more than one job. Do you understand?

I'm not saying Lebron can't score. He can. I've said that multiple times. But I'm going by players who all they do is score. Because of that, they coincidentally also have a better repertoire than Lebron does. That's just a fact.

This thread was about Pure scorers whose only job is TO score. That's why you have names like Durant, Dirk, and Melo pop up instead of Lebron. because everyone here knows Lebron does more than "just" scores. That's why you seem to be having a hard time grasping.
Do I understand?

I'm not an idiot, ok.

I've already aknowledged that I understand your argument with my previous post, so you didn't have to write all that.

I still don't agree with your definition of pure scorer. most people in here were defining it as who has the most different ways to score and get the best shot off, and I agree more with getting the best shot off.

And just for clarification, I understand what you are saying! But I don't agree with it.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #163
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Haha, not quite thar far

I was thinking 20+ lol
Old 08-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #164
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I was comparing Dirk, Durant, Melo, and Lebron shot locations on Hoop data. I think Lebron is more of a Pure scorer than most think or want to believe. After reviewing/comparing his attempts and % from locations of 10-15 & 16-23 to that of Durant, Dirk, and Melo I would rank Lebron and Dirk interchangeable at #1, Durant 2nd, and Melo fighting for third w/ Kobe, Monta Ellis, and Dwayne Wade - in that order.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #165
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I was comparing Dirk, Durant, Melo, and Lebron shot locations on Hoop data. I think Lebron is more of a Pure scorer than most think or want to believe. After reviewing/comparing his attempts and % from locations of 10-15 & 16-23 to that of Durant, Dirk, and Melo I would rank Lebron and Dirk interchangeable at #1, Durant 2nd, and Melo fighting for third w/ Kobe, Monta Ellis, and Dwayne Wade - in that order.
Thank You!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #166
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Interesting.

I think those names are all interchangeble IMO. Those are the elite scorers of the league and I don't really care to rank them. But LeBron belongs in the discussion whether people want to believe it or not. His resume speaks for itself. His peformances speak for itself.

Whether or not people want to say it's not his craft, not his strength or if he's overrated at it.... I mean I'm still waiting for a reasonable explanation.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #167
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
no not at all, kobe is a good scorer, a volume scorer, but a good scorer nonetheless, hes just average at everything else, defense is serviceable but no where near an all defensive team player though.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
What do scores do? They score. Lebron is a scorer. What does Melo do? He scores. Why is Lebron on the court? He can do more than score right? Okay..what is Melo's purpose? Can you name one thing Melo does besides score? What about Amare? Does he do anything besides score? Monta Ellis? Dirk? Durant? Why are they on the court? To score. None of those are particularly good on defense, nor do they called on to dish out assists. The only job they have to do is score. Lebron has more than one job. Do you understand?

I'm not saying Lebron can't score. He can. I've said that multiple times. But I'm going by players who all they do is score. Because of that, they coincidentally also have a better repertoire than Lebron does. That's just a fact.

This thread was about Pure scorers whose only job is TO score. That's why you have names like Durant, Dirk, and Melo pop up instead of Lebron. because everyone here knows Lebron does more than "just" scores. That's why you seem to be having a hard time grasping.
everyone on this thread knows i'll defend Melo to the end. Bias? Maybe.....

Melo can play defense.......when he wants to. Matter Of Fact..... The Whole Knicks Team can play defense when they want to. I remember the last game the Knicks had against the Magics, Melo looked really motivated to play defense. I remember in the playoffs in 09 Melo was really motivated to try and shut Kobe down. I also remember Melo being really motivated while guarding LeBron in his 3rd game as a knick (i swear i did not mention that intentionally to rip on LBJ)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »