Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #105
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

Alright nuggets, here's your perfect chance to get rid of Al Harrington. Do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #106
MVP

OVR: 15

The Bulls should wait a year to use their amnesty clause. They should be in no rush to use it on Boozer because they can wait a year and see how he plays before using it.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #107
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm pretty sure the Cavaliers will wait a year to amnesty Davis anyway.

Then they'll have Jamison and Davis contract up at the same time.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 3

Personally, if I was a Cav's GM I would use the amnesty on Jamison, Keep B-Diddy as a mentor for Irving as no doubt he will be The Cavalier's future centerpiece and the franchise will be built around him.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #109
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Rumor out of NY is that Jamal Crawford has an interest in returning back to the NY area and would consider signing with either the Knicks or the Nets.

Also, it's being reported that Glen Davis could have the Nets on his short list if he doesn't reup with Boston.

Ummmm yea, do not want. Kthxbye.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #110
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

My finger is on the trigger ready to purchase these Mavs/Heat tickets. I think they go on sale Dec. 9th (tentative of course).
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 11-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #111
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Centers are at a premium in this league, that should be evident by now. Nene, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, all will lead this free agency class. Dwight Howard headlines the next. Chandler’s defensive impact was a primary factor in the Mavericks winning the title. So Samuel Dalembert will be getting his fair share of calls in the next few weeks as teas vie for his services. More importantly? Dalembert’s willing to take less to play for a contender. Say hello to Miami.
From FoxSportsFlorida.com:
Soon, the Miami Heat might have a basketball volunteer in Dalembert. The team desperately needs a center, and the 6-foot-11 Dalembert is a free agent. And the Heat is high on his list as the free agency signing period is expected to begin Dec. 9 following a five-month lockout.
Joining the Heat “would be fantastic,” Dalembert said Sunday night from Haiti in an interview with FOX Sports Florida. Miami is where more than 50 of his relatives live and is about one hour south of his home in Boca Raton.
via Dalembert: Joining Heat ‘would be fantastic’.
Dalembert would provide a major upgrade for the Heat who very nearly won the title anyway. Joel Anthony would work a lot better at power forward alongside Udonis Haslem. Having size inside to deter opponents inside would help the perimeter weapons of Dwyane Wade and LeBron James and take pressure off Chris Bosh, the starting power forward. Dalembert’s strengths would play perfectly to the Heat’s style and his offense is just strong enough to make him a better offensive weapon than Anthony.
But the Heat aren’t the only option on Dalembert’s radar. He also lists the Knicks and Rockets. The Knicks are starting Ronny Turiaf. There really shouldn’t be any further discussion, but sure, why not. Dalembert’s mobile enough to function in D’Antoni’s offense while not only providing defense at the rim, but rebounding which is an inherent issue in the Knicks’ coach’s system. However, as long as the Knicks are focused on acquiring Dwight Howard in 2012, the Knicks will likely tread lightly in their approach. If CP3 is their primary objective, though, Dalembert would improve the Knicks and make them a more attractive option.
Finally, Dalembert also regards Houston as a potential landing spot, since they need a center with Yao gone. The Rockets are making a lot of noise about being active in free agency, with Nene also a target according to reports. But Dalembert doesn’t make the Rockets that much better, which is what the Rockets really need.
Dalembert’s going to have his options, and his decision could impact who wins the next NBA title.
12345678910char
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #112
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I don't see how Dalembert doesn't sign with Miami - "Little Haiti".

And from all I've read, the Knicks still aren't going to sign anyone beyond a one-year deal. Their focus is on 2012.

@ Jamal Crawford. Ummm...yeah...no thanks buddy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »