Home

Top 10 players in the NBA Going Into the Season

This is a discussion on Top 10 players in the NBA Going Into the Season within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #33
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Top 10 players in the NBA Going Into the Season

Haven't been paying attention to the thread, but my top 10 for now is as follows:

1. LeBron
2. Dwight
3. Dirk
4. Wade
5. CP3
6. Durant
7. Rose
8. Melo
9. Amare
10. Kobe?

I think Dirk and Kobe will likely drop down the list a bit, and I think Rose and Blake Griffin will rise a bit.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-25-2011, 12:51 AM   #34
Banned

Bumi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Melo maybe, Durant, no. That's part of the reason Durant was bottled up and struggled against the Mavs. He couldn't figure out how to get the basketball where he wanted(part of that is on Brooks), whereas if Kobe wants the ball, he's gonna get it and he's gonna take it where he wants it. Durant still lacks a post game and doesn't go inside as much as he should. Relies too much on his jumper from what I've seen.

That's why Kobe played worse against the Mavs(much worse), than Durant did, right?

And even if you compare the first round, Durant was much better offensively than Melo.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #35
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:

You just don't see scoring PGs win championships.
[/b]
Other than Rondo, I don't see many pass-first point guards winning championships. Mind you he was never the best player, but Tony Parker has three NBA titles to his credit and he's more of "scoring" point than Rose.

Look, it'll be difficult for any team to win a championship with a point guard as the lead dog/best player, but Rose's has the best amongst any point guard. Also, Rose is still very young and learning the NBA game, yet I think he has the tools (physical & mental) and work ethic to be one of the best ever. Above all else, much like Durant and Duncan, I love his humble nature, leadership by example and quiet determination. If he isn't a top 5 player today, which I believe he's very close, he will be by the end of the season.

from Bills Backer Clubhouse

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #36
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumi
[/b]That's why Kobe played worse against the Mavs(much worse), than Durant did, right?

And even if you compare the first round, Durant was much better offensively than Melo.
I'm not looking at stats. Kobe played worse because he takes too many difficult shots and struggled getting to the basket (age, injuries taking a toll on his explosiveness). Kobe can still get whatever shot he wants and can still score in pretty much every way possible. Same with Melo. Melo's a streaky three point shooter but amazing mid range scorer and amazing in the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
Other than Rondo, I don't see many pass-first point guards winning championships. Mind you he was never the best player, but Tony Parker has three NBA titles to his credit and he's more of "scoring" point than Rose.
Isiah, Magic etc. And there's a whole bunch of guys who got real close (Stockton, Nash), but you don't see hardly any of those lead dog PGs there. I don't consider TP more of a scoring point than Rose. I'm talking more of a guy that's the main scoring option on his team, which Rose is. When you're PG is the primary scorer, it makes it hard to get everyone involved in the offense and it to flow well.
Quote:
Look, it'll be difficult for any team to win a championship with a point guard as the lead dog/best player, but Rose's has the best amongst any point guard. Also, Rose is still very young and learning the NBA game, yet I think he has the tools (physical & mental) and work ethic to be one of the best ever. Above all else, much like Durant and Duncan, I love his humble nature, leadership by example and quiet determination. If he isn't a top 5 player today, which I believe he's very close, he will be by the end of the season.
Because Rose may be the best scoring PG in the game still doesn't mean that that will yield championships. Yes, he can and will get better. But that's not what I'm debating. I want to know can he make his teammates better? Yes, the Bulls are a better team with him on the floor, but he and his style of play does not make his teammates better.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #37
Banned

Bumi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm not looking at stats. Kobe played worse because he takes too many difficult shots and struggled getting to the basket (age, injuries taking a toll on his explosiveness). Kobe can still get whatever shot he wants and can still score in pretty much every way possible. Same with Melo. Melo's a streaky three point shooter but amazing mid range scorer and amazing in the paint.

Who said anything about stats? Despite his struggles with Dallas, Durant was flat out better than Kobe against Dallas in every aspect of the game. He was better in the first round as well. Much better.

At this point in their respective careers, he's undoubtedly the better player. Better scorer, rebounder(granted, Durant should be better here), and comparable defender(Being generous. Kobe is slipping). The only thing Kobe does better at this point is set up his teammates. Which, considering he's 4 to 5 inches shorter and plays the two guard, should be the case.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #38
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumi
[/b]Who said anything about stats? Despite his struggles with Dallas, Durant was flat out better than Kobe against Dallas in every aspect of the game. He was better in the first round as well. Much better.

At this point in their respective careers, he's undoubtedly the better player. Better scorer, rebounder(granted, Durant should be better here), and comparable defender(Being generous. Kobe is slipping). The only thing Kobe does better at this point is set up his teammates. Which, considering he's 4 to 5 inches shorter and plays the two guard, should be the case.
Heh. Still not buying it. Kobe > Durant in scoring out of the triple threat, post, and off the dribble. I still believe Durant is where he is as a scorer a lot due to his combination of size and athleticism. He takes better shots, he spots up and shoots more than Kobe, and works off screens better than Kobe. But as far as ability to create shots and score, I'm still taking Kobe. We'll have to agree to disagree.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 22

Wish I could struggle mightily and average nearly 28 points a game. Smfh.
Good to see people still blowing the LeBron guarding him out of proportion and forgetting what he did the 100 games before. Love it

Ill be the first one to admit his passing ability isnt on par with CP3 or Deron Williams, but the dramitization of his complete lack of defensive ability is ridiculous. Ive seen it numerous times, and it's simply not true.
There are plenty of stats to back that up, many that have been posted in other threads.

Also, Melo @ 6? Still don't think Durant is better than Melo. Where is Rondo? No way Stat is a Top 10 player either.

Better yet, why am I replying? There has been like 50 of these things since last season ended.

Last edited by 1Rose; 12-26-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:21 AM   #40
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I see there are some people still mad/salty about that MVP award. Cool, Derrick will start shutting some people up this year I'm confident of. Some straight disrespect going on around here. Derrick Rose not that good? Are you serious bro?

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 12-26-2011 at 04:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »