Home

Top 10 players in the NBA Going Into the Season

This is a discussion on Top 10 players in the NBA Going Into the Season within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-26-2011, 04:34 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Top 10 players in the NBA Going Into the Season

Things I didn't miss during the lockout:
Top 10 lists
Derrick Rose hate

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I see there are some people still mad/salty about that MVP award. Cool, Derrick will start shutting some people up this year I'm confident of. Some straight disrespect going on around here. Derrick Rose not that good? Are you serious bro?
Show me one time in this thread where anyone said Derick Rose is "not that good".

All anyone has ever claimed is that he may not be the best point guard in basketball, and that perhaps he's been made out to be something he's not. There are media heads out there who honestly believe he's one of the top, top players in the league. Like Top 5... or Top 3 even. I'm sorry, he's not. He's certainly a premier player in this league and I have no doubts as to how high his ceiling as a player really is... but since winning that MVP award I believe people have wrongly placed him in that upper, upper echelon of players when in fact he's probably a tier (or two) beneath them.

I'm a Bulls fan, always have been. I love Rose. I'm just calling it how I see it.

Last edited by ironblood; 12-26-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #43
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironblood
Show me one time in this thread where anyone said Derick Rose is "not that good".

All anyone has ever claimed is that he may not be the best point guard in basketball, and that perhaps he's been made out to be something he's not. There are media heads out there who honestly believe he's one of the top, top players in the league. Like Top 5... or Top 3 even. I'm sorry, he's not. He's certainly a premier player in this league and I have no doubts as to how high his ceiling as a player really is... but since winning that MVP award I believe people have wrongly placed him in that upper, upper echelon of players when in fact he's probably a tier (or two) beneath them.

I'm a Bulls fan, always have been. I love Rose. I'm just calling it how I see it.
Okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzleman
[/b]THANK YOU !!!!!
That's exactly what I've been saying. I'm not a Rose ***** I just don't think he's that good.
And moving right along.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well then, I stand corrected.

I can't speak on his behalf, but that doesn't mean he thinks Rose "isn't that good". It could just mean he doesn't think Rose is as good as advertized.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Yes Player A on Poster B's favorite team is being dissed.

We've seen this movie before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironblood

what do you consider upper upper echelon of players? like top 10? i definitely see rose as a top 10 player...i think the impact he has on games rivals players such as james, bryant and wade (assuming these are the upper upper echelon players you're referring to). I think rose IS an upper upper echelon player, even if he's the worst of all upper upper echelon players.

anyway, my top ten in order are (taking into account age):

1. Lebron James - best two way player in the game and still improving!
2. Kevin Durant - second best purer scorer in the league, so young still...great team guy also.
3. Dwight Howard - overrated offensively, but so impactful in so many other ways.
4. Derrick Rose - yes, 4th because of his propensity for improvement and his personality/mentality. is there a better role model in the NBA? oh, and he can play some basketball.
5. Dwyane Wade - last year, he did anything and everything the Heat NEEDED on offense and defense. he's has heart, something many of the other players on this list (Lebron, Dwight) seem to lack.
6. Chris Paul - natural. born. leader. when healthy, arguable the very best point guard in the league.
7. Carmelo Anthony - his skill set and physical tools make him the best pure scorer in the league. now if he'd play a lick of defense...
8. Kobe Bryant - old, but still dangerous, even if he has to rely more on his savvy than his dwindling explosiveness. and speaking of heart, he doesn't even have one...so ice cold.
9. Dirk Nowitzki - Mavs won last year because of him. For all he lacks on defense, he still rebounds well and scores incredibly well. But most importantly, he draws double teams and SHARES the ball. The Mavs played fluid basketball last year, and it started with Nowitzki.
10. Amare Stoudemire - as much as he is a liability on defense and is rebound adverse, he somehow wins. before Melo got to NY, he had the Knicks winning while scoring 30 a game. And he's still getting better, extending his range all the way to the 3pt line while still retaining his solid post game repertoire.

I left Deron Williams off this list because he's sooo good but he doesn't seem to win as much. Maybe it's his situation, i dunno.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #47
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23
So where are we now.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Derrick Rose
3. Lebron James
4. Dwight Howard
5. Kevin Durant

If I had to rank seasons so far. Off the top of my head. Might be disrespecting a player or two.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Drewski; 01-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Derrick Rose
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kevin Durant
5. Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk might seem like a homer pick and I know he hasn't been shooting the ball well but his court presence still puts him up there for me, he's finding the open guys and getting them the ball.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »