Home

Sound Off: Is Lebron the Guy You Want Taking the Final Shot for the Heat?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Is Lebron the Guy You Want Taking the Final Shot for the Heat? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
No.

Why? He doesn't have the confidence to fail in big time game situations. When he is forced into those type of situations, it shows a great deal.

Lebron is quite possibly, the better athlete in his sport than any other athlete in their chosen sport, physically. The difference is mentally, other athletes fully understand and embrace failure as part of their world. It's part of growing and becoming better at what you do.

Until he understands that, I wouldn't trust him in the last minute let alone the last seconds...
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Sound Off: Is Lebron the Guy You Want Taking the Final Shot for the Heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
It shouldn't be about Lebron taking the last shot. It should be about him making the final decision (no pun intended). Lebron is the biggest threat in the NBA with the ball in his hands because of his finishing and playmaking ability. The ball should be in his hands, and it should be up to him what to do.
this. he'll almost always make the right basketball play. I can live with that.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #35
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Yes! The only way he's going to shake the 'not clutch' stigma is to take that shot.

Interesting Fact: With less than 10 seconds left, to either tie the game or put their team ahead, Kobe is 7/27. Lebron is 5/12.

Funny how Kobe is labeled clutch and Lebron is not -- don't let your hatred for Lebron blur your ability to recognize an amazing basketball player.

The spotlight is placed on LeBron for a reason -- his highs and lows will be exaggerated beyond belief.

Edit: And just for SnGs -- Jordan made 27 game winning shots with less than 10 seconds left -- not sure on the attempts.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 05-18-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #36
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I want LeBron to have the ball in his hands to make the decision, whether it's a shot or he finds a wide open teammate. You trust your best player and by far your best playmaker.

The "best player has to take the last shot" is one of the more ridiculous things in basketball and as some media guy pointed out (can't remember who) it didn't even exist until MJ went insane with all his buzzer beaters.
As a Knicks fan I don't mind seenig Lebron fall short of his high expectations. But I do agree with you with the best player taking the last shot stuff. These guys are professionals and take 1000s of shots at practice, any one of them could hit a shot at the range their comfortable with.
I think the problem with Lebron is that he doesn't put in the effort everytime the games on the line. Like when Chalmer took the last shot in game 2, Lebron just set a pick and just stood there. It almost seems as if he lacks the desire to win during certain clutch situations, like he expects his team to win it for him because he's put in "his" work for the game.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #37
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Yes! The only way he's going to shake the 'not clutch' stigma is to take that shot.

Interesting Fact: With less than 10 seconds left, to either tie the game or put their team ahead, Kobe is 7/27. Lebron is 5/12.

Funny how Kobe is labeled clutch and Lebron is not -- don't let your hatred for Lebron blur your ability to recognize an amazing basketball player.

The spotlight is placed on LeBron for a reason -- his highs and lows will be exaggerated beyond belief.

Edit: And just for SnGs -- Jordan made 27 game winning shots with less than 10 seconds left -- not sure on the attempts.
But at least Kobes taking those shots. Yes he went 7/27 but he took 27 compared to Lebrons 12. There have been close games where Lebron just looks like he doesn't want the ball when the games on the line. When the scores close Kobe always hustles to get open and looks for the Iso and the game winning shot. Lebron on the other hand will occasionally run to the sideline and sit at the 3pt line and watch his teamates.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 2
Yes
http://chasing23.com/kobe-bryant-vs-lebron-james-game-winning-shots/

And MelMan, your shot comparison doesn't say anything really. Kobe has also been in the league 7 more years so wouldn't it make sense he'd take more shots compared to Lebron, or am I missing something there?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 2
I think the better question is : Is Spoelstra the guy you want drawing up the final play?

To that, the answer is no.
It's pretty evident that the plays that are drawn up are uncoordinated and inefficient to say the least, and if you think Lebron is volunteering to go to the baseline corner and 3 players out around the perimeter then you're nuts.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
But at least Kobes taking those shots. Yes he went 7/27 but he took 27 compared to Lebrons 12.

...sigh. I hate when people make dumb comments like this. Of COURSE Kobe's taken more of those shots. He's been in the league almost twice as long so it makes sense that he's taken almost twice as many shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »