Home

How did he make the NBA

This is a discussion on How did he make the NBA within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #49
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: How did he make the NBA

Keep that on the down lizzle my nizzle.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's really funny how little respect Blake gets. I'm shocked he's had the level of success he's had. I remember when he first got to Maryland and could barely go left. You sound like your game is at least worth having a bit of confidence in it, but you're seriously sleeping on Blake. A large reason he's been able to stay around is because of defense but you think you can put up some points on him? Are we assuming he's playing seriously? Don't let the beat up shoes fool you, we're talking about the starting PG of a National Championship team... not to mention a starting PG on a top end NBA team.
I'm not saying I'd make a game out of it. But yes I do think I could put some points up on Blake. Especially if I had a couple months to really get back in the gym...

If he's a bad example give me another "scrub" guard. As long as its not a guy with a blazing quickness advantage, or a guy with a huge size advantage like a 6'6" SG.

Jimmer maybe? He would without doubt light me up but he's a guy I think I could score a couple points on.

Last edited by ojandpizza; 01-11-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #51
Rookie

This is funny.

Scalabrine is doing a competition this year. He's going to play 5 average people who think they could beat him. It will be ugly. I really doubt any of them score unless they hit some miracle shot. Scalabrine is 6'9 235, and was a decent defender in the association. No one is scoring.

You can get the 5 best on this forum, put them against Steve Blake, Scalabrine, Luke Walton, Derek Fisher and Brian Cardinal, and the NBA players in a regulation game would win 200-0, if they tried the whole game. The OS'ers would struggle to get the ball past half court if the pro's decided to press, and why wouldn't they?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #52
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
5 guys in the D-League are not beating the Top 5 on this board by 50. I'll take that bet any day of the week.
I'm pretty sure based on that statement you've never played a D-League player in your life... I have actually been in quite a few runs here in LA against some. These guys are quick and when I mean quick I mean QUICK, their first step, crossover, they just explode, they're extremely strong, athletic and these guys are good. This is like saying Alabama could beat the Jacksonville Jaguars. Many of these OS'ers have probably never played anyone over 6 feet. Being the best player on your community college basketball team doesn't mean anything. Unless someone here has played Division I College Basketball, all of these comments are just ignorance. I don't care if it was DJ Mbenga, DJ Mbenga made the league, Adam Morrison, made the league, Brian Scalabrine, Steve Novak, Steve Blake, Luke Walton, these players made the league and WE DID NOT! Until you make the league, you cannot speak on which players shouldn't be in the league.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #53
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Even the training these guys do/ experience guys get playing at a high level give them a huge advantage...

Remember the Holmes twins from VMI, played with Reggie Williams? I used to **** on these on a regular basis...All through middle/high school...I got a chance to play w/ these guys right after their college stint...

Man please...lol...and I was in the shape of my life at the time..
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

How would nobody here play against somebody taller than 6foot? lol there wasn't even a player back when I was in high school in our starting line-up that was under 6foot. And we were a small school.

Hell I'm a 6'3" guard. Surely everyone here has played against people over 6foot lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin2010
This is funny.

Scalabrine is doing a competition this year. He's going to play 5 average people who think they could beat him. It will be ugly. I really doubt any of them score unless they hit some miracle shot. Scalabrine is 6'9 235, and was a decent defender in the association. No one is scoring.

You can get the 5 best on this forum, put them against Steve Blake, Scalabrine, Luke Walton, Derek Fisher and Brian Cardinal, and the NBA players in a regulation game would win 200-0, if they tried the whole game. The OS'ers would struggle to get the ball past half court if the pro's decided to press, and why wouldn't they?
I would not let a Blake/Fisher/Cardinal/Scal/Walton line-up beat me 200-0.. I would bet all the money I have on it.

Zero points really? I'm sure not everyone on OS is that terrible.

Not saying it would be a game, they would murder us! Without question..But zero points? Come on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
How would nobody here play against somebody taller than 6foot? lol there wasn't even a player back when I was in high school in our starting line-up that was under 6foot. And we were a small school.

Hell I'm a 6'3" guard. Surely everyone here has played against people over 6foot lol.
Hyperbole, my man.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »