Home

NBA Live Worries

This is a discussion on NBA Live Worries within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2002, 02:24 AM   #1
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
NBA Live Worries

After reading the interview at SGN im worried about Live,

"We received a recent beta release of NBA Live 2003. I noticed the lack of in-game injuries. Is this something that was not fully implemented in the release we received?

EA-"In NBA Live 2003 players can get injured during gameplay only after hard fouls . We are aware that a lot of our users would like to see a bigger variety and frequency of in-game injuries and we will definitely address this going forward. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to properly include this in NBA Live 2003."

I always hated this about the Live series.. the only way to get hurt is a hard foul.???. sigh.. after reading this interview.. I think I will pass on Live --- AGAIN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2002, 02:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live Worries

I am disappointed by that too... It really would add more of a challenge to the season/franchise mode if there were frequent injuries... This feature has never worked properly.

In real life, injuries occur mostly between games, such as during practice, or they are just a result of constant wear and tear. In games, they usually occur on accident, not as a result of a hard foul.

Another thing that bothered me about injuries in Live is that they always resulted in a flagrant foul, and vice versa.

Live should do an injury check every day during the season, and also during the off-season. There should be random injuries during the game while players are jumping for shots or rebounds, or executing special moves like spins and crossovers. Imagine AI actually "breaking" someone's ankles on a crossover. lol

Still, since Live is the only PC hoops game out there, I will buy it and play the hell out of it.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:46 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

new intro video and another interview at http://www.ea.com/easports/platforms...e2003/home.jsp

the J-Rich dunk at the end is nice and the fact that Stern will hand out the trophy are nice little touches--but the fact that there will be no trading of draft picks and in game saves sucks--but I'm still getting it
Old 09-27-2002, 02:48 AM   #4
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

I think Inside Drive did a great job with injuries last year.. they even lingerd on for many games and made me change my line-up to only play the hurt player when I really needed them...

It's just sad that this has been a problem for years with Live and they have ignored it...
Old 09-27-2002, 03:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

In reply to:

12. What are the minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC version?

We are still working on determining the actual minimum system requirements. The recommended requirements are:
Pentium III 700 MHz or equivalent AMD processor
128 MB RAM (256 for Windows 2000 and Windows XP)
32 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card
Sound card with DirectSound support and DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
12x or faster CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive with 32-bit driver
700 MB of free Hard Drive space
DirectX 8.1 compatible GamePad with 10 Buttons and 2 Analog Sticks
We support Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The game will not work under Windows 95 and Windows NT.

well, i have:

- Pentium 3 450 MHZ
- 256 MB RAM
- 16 MB RIVA TNT DirectX 8.1
- 1 GIGA Hard drive space

no gamepad .... i have a PS1 controller but i don't know how to use it with my PC ...

do you think it will work on the HIGH level graphics and gameplay ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2002, 07:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well. I don't care about the injures. What I do care is

you can use the Freestyle Control to face up your defender and use any of the 8 triple threat moves in combination with 16 different drive animations from these hold positions.

This is AWESOME! It makes the game really fun to play.

I know NBA Live team doesn't have enough people to produce the game. Why they just don't drop the PS1 version and then people who works for PS1 version can work on the faces, injures, ingame saves and draft picks.

Anyway I am still pleased, however they are going to add them into Live2004

Gameplay is always the most important thing, isn't it?
Old 09-27-2002, 10:40 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Injuries are a part of the gameplay. Its been 4 years and live still cant get that right.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

hahah watch what u say they may go from one extreme to another... nba live 2004 well have injuries galore.. if your player get crossed his ankles will be broken and out for the season

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »