Home

2017 Training Camp/Preseason Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2017, 12:54 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Ball’s defense might come along a little slowly. Teague looked like an All-NBA guard playing with Thibs.

Kuzma looks good man. I hope he gets enough minutes to develop. If not I think LAL could get a really good return on a package of him and Clarkson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nonsense, he came from the defensive powerhouse that is Chino Hills.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:30 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Nonsense, he came from the defensive powerhouse that is Chino Hills.
Chinonsense
Old 10-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #51
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Jazz have the deepest roster in the league. Gobert is primed for a monster year.

The West is going to be a bloodbath.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You think so without Gordon Hayward? Also I think losing George Hill, hurts the jazz. George Hill dont truly get enough credit for what he means to a team. I hated seeing the Pacers trade Hill, and had hoped they would bring him back this yr, hated seeing Hill sign with the Kings.

I will say Utah does still have some young talent, and IMO opinion they have 1 of the top HC's in the league. I thought he was a heck of a college coach, until the recruiting scandal, that is,lol.

The West is definitely a battle each game, but the EC is slowly getting better, but still not as difficult to navigate thru as the WC is.

I do think the Jazz is still a playoff team, I dont see them falling that far.

A team I think could be a tough team in the West if they had a good HC, is the Pelicans. IMO they shouldnt have let Monty go. I think if they had a descent HC and AD could stay healthy, along with Holliday, I think they could be a tough team to beat.
As I think instead of trying to run with the Warriors, I would built a team with length and defense, and get physical with them, especially when it comes to Curry and Durant, I might even have couple hit men on my bench, for short stretches that would rough them up, and if they got a tech, or even thrown out of the game, so be it,lol. Might be the only way to beat the Warriors, is get kind of dirty like the bad boy Pistons. Obviously you cant get to rough with how soft the league these days, but once playoff starts, they do let you get more physical, than they do during the season, granted its not like it use to be, but you can kick it up a level come playoffs with physical play.
Warriors are so loaded, that the only thing outside of them not being fully healthy come playoffs, is having length and a hard nose defense, bordering on playing dirty Not that I would ever want to see someone intentionally try to ruin a guys career or anything like that, just that when you foul make it so they feel a little pain is all

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 06:34 AM   #52
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

This guy is a matter of when. Will he be an all star? Lol He's that good lol.

https://youtu.be/tZulPpFIsPQ

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #53
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I like the way Theis plays
I've been trying to tell people about him all Summer.

I think he can fill in the void left by Kelly O.... At least until Morris returns, but I definitely like his energy.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-03-2017, 11:58 AM   #54
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
You think so without Gordon Hayward? Also I think losing George Hill, hurts the jazz. George Hill dont truly get enough credit for what he means to a team. I hated seeing the Pacers trade Hill, and had hoped they would bring him back this yr, hated seeing Hill sign with the Kings.

I will say Utah does still have some young talent, and IMO opinion they have 1 of the top HC's in the league. I thought he was a heck of a college coach, until the recruiting scandal, that is,lol.

The West is definitely a battle each game, but the EC is slowly getting better, but still not as difficult to navigate thru as the WC is.

I do think the Jazz is still a playoff team, I dont see them falling that far.

A team I think could be a tough team in the West if they had a good HC, is the Pelicans. IMO they shouldnt have let Monty go. I think if they had a descent HC and AD could stay healthy, along with Holliday, I think they could be a tough team to beat.
As I think instead of trying to run with the Warriors, I would built a team with length and defense, and get physical with them, especially when it comes to Curry and Durant, I might even have couple hit men on my bench, for short stretches that would rough them up, and if they got a tech, or even thrown out of the game, so be it,lol. Might be the only way to beat the Warriors, is get kind of dirty like the bad boy Pistons. Obviously you cant get to rough with how soft the league these days, but once playoff starts, they do let you get more physical, than they do during the season, granted its not like it use to be, but you can kick it up a level come playoffs with physical play.
Warriors are so loaded, that the only thing outside of them not being fully healthy come playoffs, is having length and a hard nose defense, bordering on playing dirty Not that I would ever want to see someone intentionally try to ruin a guys career or anything like that, just that when you foul make it so they feel a little pain is all
Hill missed like half the season, so I don't know we will miss his production a whole lot.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 10-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #55
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Hill missed like half the season, so I don't know we will miss his production a whole lot.

Yeah, I forgot about him missing quite a few games, but still when he played he had a positive impact. Hayward is the 1 thats really going to hurt them, in their chances to go deep into the playoffs. But I still think they make the playoffs.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #56
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2017 Training Camp/Preseason Games Discussion Thread

My man Fake D’Angelo

I’ve dreamt of my PG playing and looking like that since the Kidd Days. Please let this carry over into the season.

1 down, 101 more to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »