Home

2018 NBA Draft Prospects

This is a discussion on 2018 NBA Draft Prospects within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #401
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018 NBA Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrazenReznik
I would, but idk that the clippers would do it.

Cavs would probably take 2 of Miles Bridges, Simons, Robert William's, SGA, may even take a shot at Musa or Huerter
That was basically the trade on the table at the deadline, but I think the pick was thought it could be more the 5th or 6th pick. Jordan wants out though and leaking that he wants to be in Houston, so I don't think they would be reluctant to trade him. Thompson off the books in two years so he would be an expiring asset after just one season with the Clipps.

You said they want Simons so assuming they take him, Bridges would be good if available as the other pick, or Carter if he drops (slotted in the 9/10 range), outside of that I think Lonnie Walker, Donte Divincenzo, Kevin Knox, would be the better picks for them. My sleeper choice would be Khyri Thomas, because they desperately need a defensive minded roster overhaul, plus he can shoot and score as well, and is an experienced player who has a chance of not taking a year or two to crack the rotation. That said, if they drafted Thomas and Simons they would be taking two guys projected to land around 20 or so at 12 and 13. Not a good look there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #402
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
His whole family is here, as is his wife's side. I dont know that lebrons kids even went to school in Florida when he was in Miami because savanah stayed in cleveland/Akron for at least the first year and I believe the second year in Miami.
I think the whole family aspect of it might have less to do with Savannah and more for their kids. I think if it was a simple as the best move for the family is staying in Cleveland then his answer, and Wade's answer for that matter, wouldn't be "we are going to do what's best for my family" it would have been "we are staying in Cleveland".
Old 06-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #403
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
That was basically the trade on the table at the deadline, but I think the pick was thought it could be more the 5th or 6th pick. Jordan wants out though and leaking that he wants to be in Houston, so I don't think they would be reluctant to trade him. Thompson off the books in two years so he would be an expiring asset after just one season with the Clipps.

You said they want Simons so assuming they take him, Bridges would be good if available as the other pick, or Carter if he drops (slotted in the 9/10 range), outside of that I think Lonnie Walker, Donte Divincenzo, Kevin Knox, would be the better picks for them. My sleeper choice would be Khyri Thomas, because they desperately need a defensive minded roster overhaul, plus he can shoot and score as well, and is an experienced player who has a chance of not taking a year or two to crack the rotation. That said, if they drafted Thomas and Simons they would be taking two guys projected to land around 20 or so at 12 and 13. Not a good look there.
The deal was for the Cavs own first, not the 8th. It was Crowder, Frye, Shumpurt and the 25th for DJ. The cavs would have had maybe a better starting 5 but depleted team all together, plus still had IT who was a locker room cancer.

The clippers were never getting the Nets pick for just Jordan.

You also dont go for what looks best, you go for what makes the team better. Gilbert supposedly likes Miles Bridges a lot and even brought him to a playoff game vs Boston I believe.

Walker and Knox dont really do anything for the Cavs being long term projects.

Last edited by DrazenReznik; 06-14-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #404
Banned

Quote:
I think the whole family aspect of it might have less to do with Savannah and more for their kids. I think if it was a simple as the best move for the family is staying in Cleveland then his answer, and Wade's answer for that matter, wouldn't be "we are going to do what's best for my family" it would have been "we are staying in Cleveland".
The odds of the kids calling the shots are slim to none and would destroy lebrons legacy once and for all.

Theres just not many realistic scenarios that have him leaving Cleveland.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #405
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
The deal was for the Cavs own first, not the 8th. It was crowded, Frye, Shumpurt and the 25th for DJ. The cavs would have had maybe a better starting 5 but depleted team all together, plus still had IT who was a locker room cancer.

The clippers were never getting the Nets pick for just Jordan.

You also dont go for what looks best, you go for what makes the team better. Gilbert supposedly likes Miles Bridges a lot and even brought him to a playoff game vs Boston I believe.

Walker and Knox dont really do anything for the Cavs being long term projects.
Well yeah the Cavs are who declined lol. But the Clippers at the time said that's what they needed for the trade to go through. Thompson and the Nets pick.

I don't think either are that long term of projects. Knox was Kentucky's best scorer and would be the ideal 6th man for them. Big enough to play the small ball 4, can play the 3 as well and slide Bron to the 4. Not unlike what Jeff Green and Richard Jefferson did for them.

Walker is the more hit or miss guy. But if he's hit he starts for them immediately at the 2, unless Clarkson or Hood work themselves into that role. Either way any of them should be looking to take over Smith's spot. While he still has the occasionally good game the solid defense he brought after the trade is completely gone. He could very realistically be one of the bottom 5 starting shooting guards in the league and by far their weakest position as a team, that won't get it done on a team looking for a chip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #406
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
The odds of the kids calling the shots are slim to none and would destroy lebrons legacy once and for all.

Theres just not many realistic scenarios that have him leaving Cleveland.
lol nobody said they are calling the shots, I'm saying the choice could involve doing what he sees as best for them. In LeBron's eyes that's going to be somewhere for his sons to go to a more prestigious school as they enter into their high school basketball careers.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:11 PM   #407
Banned

Quote:
Well yeah the Cavs are who declined lol. But the Clippers at the time said that's what they needed for the trade to go through. Thompson and the Nets pick.

I don't think either are that long term of projects. Knox was Kentucky's best scorer and would be the ideal 6th man for them. Big enough to play the small ball 4, can play the 3 as well and slide Bron to the 4. Not unlike what Jeff Green and Richard Jefferson did for them.

Walker is the more hit or miss guy. But if he's hit he starts for them immediately at the 2, unless Clarkson or Hood work themselves into that role. Either way any of them should be looking to take over Smith's spot. While he still has the occasionally good game the solid defense he brought after the trade is completely gone. He could very realistically be one of the bottom 5 starting shooting guards in the league and by far their weakest position as a team, that won't get it done on a team looking for a chip.

What are you talking about lol the clippers agreed to the gets the cavs own first instead of the Nets

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.giv...ollapsed%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yar...11773_25709933

Knox isnt a good passer and shot creator right now. If walker misses it's a wasted pick the cavs cant afford.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #408
Banned

Quote:
lol nobody said they are calling the shots, I'm saying the choice could involve doing what he sees as best for them. In LeBron's eyes that's going to be somewhere for his sons to go to a more prestigious school as they enter into their high school basketball careers.
Why you lyin man lol you just said it's more about the kids than savanah. And only one of his kids, and MAYBE the middle one if he really does want to play 4 or 5 or more years, will be in high school when he's in the NBA. He has a 3 year old daughter, so it's not like the school his oldest goes to well be the same high school his other 2 go to.

His kids didnt even go to school in Florida all 4 years he was I'm Miami, its a non issue lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »