Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #73
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24,190
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Brett is gonna have shake up his rotation by possibly inserting Jonah (in a limited capacity), starting either or both McConnell/Reddick and pray Wilson Chandler can stay healthy.

Fultz quarterbacking the bench is probably better for his development instead of being forced to play off ball (as a starter). Not sure what they' can do about finding more perimeter shooting, though.


Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Iím thinking they will likely just start JJ and move Ben to the 4. But I guess weíll see.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this a though one. Ben has always said he is the starting PG. So I wonder if he'll take a position change. Mostly not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #74
Greatness Personified
 
J_Posse's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 6,361
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Iím thinking they will likely just start JJ and move Ben to the 4. But I guess weíll see.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure that it would help Fultz's development being the 4th ball handler/option behind three ball dominant guys, but we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
San Antonio Spurs 5 - Time ('99, '03, '05, '07, '14) NBA Champions

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
J_Posse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #75
Greatness Personified
 
J_Posse's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 6,361
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
So this a though one. Ben has always said he is the starting PG. So I wonder if he'll take a position change. Mostly not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
If Fultz hits his stride and starts making serious progress, then he'll have to move back to the PF position. PG would be ideal for match up purposes, but I think PF is Ben's long term spot based on personnel and need.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
San Antonio Spurs 5 - Time ('99, '03, '05, '07, '14) NBA Champions

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
J_Posse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #76
Bamma
 
ProfessaPackMan's Arena
 
OVR: 36
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DC/MD
Posts: 59,619
Blog Entries: 3
2018-19 Transaction Thread

Good pickup for Philly.

$190 Mil for Butler though...sheesh
__________________
#RespectTheCulture

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 11-10-2018 at 03:16 PM.
ProfessaPackMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame
 
ojandpizza's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 23,007
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

I donít think much would change for Fultz or Simmons. They both already start together. Simmons would just be more of a 4 defensively, set a few more off ball screens. Not much unlike what Bron and Kyrie did.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ojandpizza is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #78
All Star
 
illwill10's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
If Fultz hits his stride and starts making serious progress, then he'll have to move back to the PF position. PG would be ideal for match up purposes, but I think PF is Ben's long term spot based on personnel and need.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
I think the hope for Fultz was to be a James Harden type combo guard who has potential to be good defensively. He obviously hasn't got his confidence back yet.
I would have Fultz running the 2nd team until he ramps it up. I would start Shamet at the 1 and Reddick at the 2 and Simmons at 4. That way Simmons still gets bulk of ball handling and you have shooters in backcourt.
illwill10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #79
Once in a Lifetime Memory
 
Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 16,272
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

I think thereís like a 30-40% chance this makes Philly worse. In the very least I think the team is incomplete. Maybe the talent will overcome it, but their spacing is going to be absolutely horrific if they donít make additional moves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
NFL: Bills
NBA: Bucks/Wizards
MLB: Cubs
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Yeah...THAT Guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #80
MVP
 
d11king's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: m.A.A.d City
Blog Entries: 8
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I think thereís like a 30-40% chance this makes Philly worse. In the very least I think the team is incomplete. Maybe the talent will overcome it, but their spacing is going to be absolutely horrific if they donít make additional moves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyle Korver + Tristan Thompson

For

Wilson Chandler + Jerryd Bayless ???

Between Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Indiana, anyone of those matchups in the playoffs is gonna be a fun/tough 7 game series.
d11king is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Top -