Home

10/30 - 11/5 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 10/30 - 11/5 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 10/30 - 11/5 Games Discussion Thread

KD is great and all, but Steph is the most valuable player on their team. It would also hurt them worse to lose Steph, considering Steph is a better passer and his movement off ball in light years better than KD. His and Klay’s movement off ball is a large part of all the easy shots they get as a team, it gets defenses off balance without them ever even touching the ball. KD is all world isolation scorer, maybe even the best ever, but his game definitely translates less to his teammates than Curry’s.

It would hurt then to lose KD’s length defensively, especially since they love to go small. But we have saw them be a top 1-5 defensive team without him already. I think losing KD they are still favorites to win it all, losing Curry maybe not clear cut favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2018, 07:03 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
this is gonna get so old with y'all being in denial that this ain't the same Raptors team. Not sure if you guys have heard but Kawhi is pretty good and kind of a huge difference maker.

Unless you're being sarcastic. If so then bravo, you got me.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

I’m not calling them the same team. I was on your side of that argument whenever you were here making it a few days back.. I just don’t think they are as good as either of those teams.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:18 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Toronto won’t even beat Milwaukee or Indiana in a 7 game series. Much less challenge Boston or GS.

Indiana?? Toronto has a better starting 5 and a better bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2018, 07:30 PM   #36
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm probably just being paranoid, but I feel like if the Lakers lose to the Mavericks tonight, Luke might get fired.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #37
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
Every last one of those teams in the east has question marks. Kawhi and Danny Green bring a different dynamic to the team but its still the Raptors and some new head coach....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm probably just being paranoid, but I feel like if the Lakers lose to the Mavericks tonight, Luke might get fired.
It's luke walton fam

Luke Walton
Old 10-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 7

Kings pick up another few victories in Florida - off night and then another road game in Atlanta - hoping we pick up win number six. Very happy with the team thus far, they seem to really enjoying playing basketball together. Yes - seems silly, but this is Sacramento we are talking about - it didn't seem like the team has enjoyed playing for years.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:07 PM   #39
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
this is gonna get so old with y'all being in denial that this ain't the same Raptors team. Not sure if you guys have heard but Kawhi is pretty good and kind of a huge difference maker.

Unless you're being sarcastic. If so then bravo, you got me.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

But nah seriously, they do look good and they do look different, but as we've been through before until they prove otherwise when it matters, this is just something they're going to have to live with. Shutting us all up will be that much sweeter for them if they actually make it to the Finals.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:14 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97

I don’t agree with that. I also think Indiana’s players and coaching fit very well together as we saw last year. But we’ll see I guess.

I definitely like some of Toronto’s role pieces like Green, VanVleet, but I don’t really expect anything substantial in the playoffs from Ibaka, Siakam, OG, Miles come playoff time. I would expect Turner, Bojan, Thad, Evans to give more in playoff games. And Toronto still doesn’t utilize JV enough.

Kawhi and Green definitely adds to Toronto but this is by far the most isolation ball I’ve ever seen from Kawhi which I don’t love for this team, he is starting off extremely efficient though. Lowry is definitely off to a great start. He seems to have a great balance of scoring, passing, defense, without shifting too far to any one role.

Toronto’s season will go as far as the defense Lowry, Green, Kawhi, OG, Ibaka can provide. If they are elite in the playoffs on that end they have a good chance, but offensively they are still full of wildly inconsistent players top to bottom and a version of Kawhi who looks like he spent his entire season off playing 1-on-1 with Kobe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »