Home

2019 Western Conference Finals: (1)Golden State Warriors vs. (3)Portland Trailblazers

This is a discussion on 2019 Western Conference Finals: (1)Golden State Warriors vs. (3)Portland Trailblazers within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #57
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2019 Western Conference Finals: (1)Golden State Warriors vs. (3)Portland Trailbla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It has been fun to see the original splash brothers team go out there and wreck people. Reminds me of the 73 win team. They just play so well together and the ball moves so much better.

I’m not saying they are better without Durant, but they for sure look comfortable. Take all that Durant money and add Al Horford and a bunch of quality bench players? I would take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
What Kerr has repeatedly failed to do is take advantage of this synergy, which is available even when 35 is healthy...it comes down to how he manages his rotations.

During the rotation periods of the game, too often he pairs Klay and Durant or Curry and Durant. He seldomly has Curry and Klay out there together. If he would tweak his rotations then 11 and 30 would get waaaay more shots even when 35 is good to go.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 05-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #58
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2019 Western Conference Finals: (1)Golden State Warriors vs. (3)Portland Trailbla

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
What Kerr has repeatedly failed to do is take advantage of this synergy, which is available even when 35 is healthy...it comes down to how he manages his rotations.

During the rotation periods of the game, too often he pairs Klay and Durant or Curry and Durant. He seldomly has Curry and Klay out there together. If he would tweak his rotations then 11 and 30 would get waaaay more shots even when 35 is good to go.
True it more so on Kerr than KD. It's funny how much better the bench is playing also it's because Kerr wasn't playing them to their strengths.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #59
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Not sure this is all on Kerr. KD still has a major issue with stopping the ball and going 1 on 1. Its ingrained in him, and he is probably the best in the world at it.

I think people forgot how good these guys where before KD, some of the best basketball I have ever seen. Klay in particular seems really engaged now that he is back to getting 20+ shots a game. Kid deserves them
Old 05-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #60
All Star

inkcil's Arena

So frustrated I typed a whole reply and then got that dumb survey sweepstakes bug on my phone...I'm going back to Apple.

Anyway, not going to retype but in short Kerr just needs to work the rotations so that 35 is in with the second unit more, that way when he goes iso it's not the end of the world. But when he's in with that unit, don't make him the point forward. Have Cook or Livingston in with him to bring the ball up. Put Jerebko and Bell in that lineup too. If Liv can't post and Jerebko can't spot, then Durant can go iso off a Cook pass and Bell/Jerebko can crash the boards in case he bricks.

Sub Curry for Durant first (not Thompson) and then work the other starters back in. With 6 minutes left in half bring Durant back in and play lasf 6 minutes of each half with starters.

And yes. I know, I know, Kerr has to deal with fouls, situation, score, etc.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

Last edited by inkcil; 05-15-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #61
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 03:22 PM   #62
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It has been fun to see the original splash brothers team go out there and wreck people. Reminds me of the 73 win team. They just play so well together and the ball moves so much better.

I’m not saying they are better without Durant, but they for sure look comfortable. Take all that Durant money and add Al Horford and a bunch of quality bench players? I would take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I could be totally wrong here, but I think GS hates it that they are perceived as the team that broke the league. When they were on, in 2015 and 2016, they played with a ton of fun and were incredibly loose.

Ever since KD has been there, it seems to me that they have been simply going through the motions. It was a 73 win team that added an MVP, they didn't even have to show up most nights to blow teams out.

Next year, we might see them go for the record again if/when Durant leaves. They truly love playing together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Enes Kanter has been in the NBA for 9 years and still hasn't learned a single defensive rotation.

Pathetic.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #63
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

KD officially ruled out for game 2.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #64
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Enes Kanter has been in the NBA for 9 years and still hasn't learned a single defensive rotation.

Pathetic.
It was their strategy. Stotts got pissy and defensive when he was asked about it in the postgame presser.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »