Home

NBA indefinitely suspends season after Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test

This is a discussion on NBA indefinitely suspends season after Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA indefinitely suspends season after Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
We've already been through this with Schefter/Rapoport on the NFL side. They aren't liable.
Was that the JPP incident? I can’t remember.

It just bothers me that while the fact gathering was still going on; the identities of the people were revealed. It can unnecessarily lead to people being the face of or the focal point of the blame for something they may not have been able to control.

Saying that, Gobert deserves more criticism for his actions than Mitchell because Gobert actions border somewhere between reckless and negligent. It certainly could’ve happen otherwise but my expectation is that vitriol towards him is going to surpass ugly.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #66

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
I need for Woj to plainly state things because I don't want speculate no matter how obvious the inference might be. Is Woj saying that once Gobert was symptomatic, he basically did the same silly routine he did with the microphones but in the locker room with his teammates and their belongings?
From everything I've read and seen he never showed symptoms, same with Mitchell, so they didn't know they had anything. Gobert wasn't trying to spread anything knowing he had it, that would be a ridiculous thing to think, furthermore nobody technically knows if it even originated with Gobert as it just as easily could have originated with Mitchell and spread to Gobert.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #67
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

This entire situation is just so bizarre and concerning. But seeing the nasty words and even death threats, people calling for him getting banned for life or arrested on social media and reddit, it's all just too much man. It's ugly.

I'm gonna log off for awhile. Take of yourselves guys

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 03-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
From everything I've read and seen he never showed symptoms, same with Mitchell, so they didn't know they had anything. Gobert wasn't trying to spread anything knowing he had it, that would be a ridiculous thing to think, furthermore nobody technically knows if it even originated with Gobert as it just as easily could have originated with Mitchell and spread to Gobert.
Quote:
The Jazz said in a statement that the player "tested negative for influenza, strep throat and an upper respiratory infection. The individual's symptoms diminished over the course of [Wednesday], however, in a precautionary measure, and in consultation and cooperation with NBA medical staff and Oklahoma health officials, the decision was made to test for COVID-19."
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus
Old 03-12-2020, 01:02 PM   #69
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
This entire situation is just so bizarre and concerning. But seeing the nasty words and even death threats, people calling for him getting banned for life or arrested on social media and reddit, it's all just too much man. It's ugly.

I'm gonna log off for awhile. Take of yourselves guys

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah that's crazy. What he did was stupid and unecessary but probably hasnt made a difference. Dude was talking in thoses mics and interacting with his teammates and everything. Him somehow becoming the face of the virus in the NBA is ridiculous.

Sent from my DIG-L21HN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #70

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
I meant he probably wasn't showing any symptoms when he was touching the mics etc not overall. If he was then I'll change my tune but I assumed he was showing no symptoms at that time so this over the top vitriol thrown his way is ridiculous if that's the case.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #71
Rookie

Mentch's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Yeah that's crazy. What he did was stupid and unecessary but probably hasnt made a difference. Dude was talking in thoses mics and interacting with his teammates and everything. Him somehow becoming the face of the virus in the NBA is ridiculous.

Sent from my DIG-L21HN using Operation Sports mobile app
I mean he was the first one reported to have it and the main reason the season was suspended. Who else do you think the face of the virus in the NBA would be? Serious question
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Giving someone a pass for acting like an inconsiderate dick because they felt no symptoms when we as a country are staring a pandemic directly in the face is wild to me. Sorry, I just can’t get behind that line of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »