Home

NBA indefinitely suspends season after Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test

This is a discussion on NBA indefinitely suspends season after Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2020, 11:19 AM   #41
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA indefinitely suspends season after Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
I am Italian, I believe that the problem has been taken very lightly by all governments, now we have practically closed almost everything here, the same thing you must do as you are a great country but with a health system different from ours and the poor people don't know if they are sick or not.
The only thing to do is to close everything and then start again also because now the economic damage is done.
Come on USA
It's definitely not all governments that took it lightly (having recently returned to the US from Singapore), but some did and it really screwed the pooch for everyone else.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #42
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Attachment 175966

Attachment 175967

A) Both are Jazz reporters who use those microphones/are in the same room as Gobert during interviews.

B) Gobert likely would have spread the virus more through speaking into the mic than physically grab them after he received strict instruction to frequently wash and sanitize his hands. He didn't know he had the virus, and it's nearly impossible that he contracted it through the microphones considering it typically takes 3-7 days for the virus to incubate. He touched them on Monday and began showing symptoms Tuesday night.

C) The Jazz were in New York City last week, one of the biggest travel hubs in the world. He could have contracted it from there, or elsewhere, who knows.

D) He's a guy in his 20s trying to make people laugh in an uncomfortable situation. Touching the microphones like that was dumb but people really acting like the dude is dropping COVID19 bombs from the rafters.

E) He came in contact with the entire Raptors team Monday, should he be crucified for that too?

Dude is sick with a virus that we still have limited knowledge about, a virus so serious that the NBA shut the league down. And your first reaction is to say, "That's karma for touching those microphones in a joking manner!"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well that throws that second excuse right out the window considering his own teammates spilled that he was being a reckless jackass in the locker room touching them and all their stuff.

You don’t have to cape for the Jazz for everything man. It’s okay to call this what it is. Rudy was being a straight dumb **** on this and has made things a lot worse than they probably should be at this point. It’s an unfortunate situation that hopefully he’s learned from.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
NBA indefinitely suspends season after Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test

Rudy’s career will now be defined as the guy who cried over missing the ASG, and spreading COVID-19 throughout the NBA.

Never want to see Jazzman lobbying for DPOTY votes for this guy ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2020, 11:37 AM   #44
Rookie

Mentch's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Well that throws that second excuse right out the window considering his own teammates spilled that he was being a reckless jackass in the locker room touching them and all their stuff.

You don’t have to cape for the Jazz for everything man. It’s okay to call this what it is. Rudy was being a straight dumb **** on this and has made things a lot worse than they probably should be at this point. It’s an unfortunate situation that hopefully he’s learned from.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
And now one of his teammates has the virus too. This might end up being a pretty slippery slope cuz this dude insisted on making himself into the class clown
Old 03-12-2020, 11:38 AM   #45
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Yesterday it was only the Knicks, now there were 2 more teams...this guy.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1238106623471759361
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

This is all being way over blown. All these guys are young, healthy, in great shape.. This will likely be no worse than them getting the flu which they were much more likely to get anyways.. This Rudy hate is so unnecessary.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #47
Rookie

Mentch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
This is all being way over blown. All these guys are young, healthy, in great shape.. This will likely be no worse than them getting the flu which they were much more likely to get anyways.. This Rudy hate is so unnecessary.
I mean the players probably won’t die or anything and will be back to normal after a month, but I don’t blame anyone for being irritated that a player was purposely careless enough to spread it around by making fun of the virus in the first place
Old 03-12-2020, 11:53 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
You might want to read up more about this virus cause it's not really about these NBA players getting it and worrying about them being able to recover (they will). This thing spreads like wildfire, through the air very easily and CAN latch onto other people just from breathing, though that's not the only way, it seems touching things/cleanliness is a big deal with the virus too. All these precautions are all so Rudy or Donovan or whoever else has it doesn't spread it to Fan X who then spreads it to his elderly grandfather or some random young kid and then they all spread it to to even more people who can't fight the virus like they can.

Rudy is getting hate because he was careless. It sounds like Donovan is the only other Jazz player who caught it but imagine if a player with young kids (I don't think Donovan does have kids?) had caught it from Rudy's carelessness and their kid caught it? Could be a far worse situation.

Last edited by cima; 03-12-2020 at 11:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »