Home

2021 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2021 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2021, 06:34 PM   #1729
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2021 Offseason Thread

Hopefully Okafor Pt 2 works out better than Pt. 1 did when he was here, assuming he remains on the roster.

VDusen, Sekou any good/serviceable?

Glad to LA back too. Nets still got that TE to use as well. Hopefully they got Harden and Kyrie locked up on new extensions before camp and this would be a successful offseason for us.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 09-03-2021 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #1730
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2021 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Sixers get: Rubio, Hield, Dort
Thunder get: Maxey, Bagley, Love, pick(s)
Cavs get: Favors, Giddey
Kings get: Simmons

Kings get Simmons without having to move Fox or Haliburton like they wanted. Thunder get nice young pieces to pair with SGA in agreement to take on Love’s contract. Cavs get a lottery pick from this past draft to get off the Love contract. Sixers get a shooter, starting point, and strong wing defender.

Favors likely reaches a buyout with Cleveland or is moved elsewhere for something more of use.

Who says no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swap Maxey for Milton, and I'm okay with it if it is the best we can get. I don't see Morey moving Maxey if not for a star in the deal. But I do like the pieces coming back. I would debate starting Hield or Curry. Curry gives you more ball handling, but wouldn't mind him as a 6th man. But I would definitely like to keep Maxey. I feel he could benefit from Rubio.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:07 PM   #1731
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Jordan intends to sign with Lakers.. I’m assuming this means no more Gasol?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2021, 07:27 PM   #1732
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I’m gonna need the Bulls to put in a waiver claim on Alize. I’d be cool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2021, 08:29 PM   #1733
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
This is what I meant. My point was they aren’t occupying free roster space for them to sign 2 more players.

Yeah, they are pretty much just training camp invites (for now), but it isn't considered or called a 10 - day in the offseason.

Didn't mean anything else by it and was just making a slight correction is all.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #1734
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Lakers still have 2 spots, 3 if they cut ties with Gasol. They didn’t bring back Dudley or Matthews.

1.) Westbrook/Nunn/Rondo
2.) Bazemore/Eillington/Monk
3.) Bron/THT/Ariza
4.) AD/Melo
5.) Dwight/Gasol

Reaves and Ayayi signed 2-way deals, Brown and McClung 10 day contracts.

Just looking at that backcourt…

Where’s the shooting? I know people believe Bron and AD can do everything but damn.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:16 PM   #1735
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Just looking at that backcourt…

Where’s the shooting? I know people believe Bron and AD can do everything but damn.

Kinda depends on how rotations play out I guess. Monk, Bazemore, Ellington, Melo, Rondo, all shot 40+ % from deep last year. Ariza 35, Nunn 38, LeBron 37. Theoretically they have lots of good enough shooters, it’s just figuring out how that all pairs together. If Gasol is around another guy getting 40% last year.

They have tons of guys who despite their average will have nights you expect them to be ice cold. Russ and AD I think are the two worst jump shooters in the league out of guys who take enough shots to qualify. And both want to take too many of them despite the misses.

To me their biggest issue will be expecting one of Monk, Bazemore, Ellington, Nunn, THT to be able to play the role of a starting level shooting guard every night. Obviously Ellington is the ideal fit, he’s the best shooter, but Bazemore fits the 3&D role of KCP better. And that’s what Frank likes. But most of these guys haven’t even been able to carve out big roles on even bad teams.

Outside of that age, health, the fit of Westbrook with Bron, lots of question marks on this team. It really seems like their ceiling will be determined by 1.) Does Russ have the ability to make things easier for AD and Bron (mostly AD) because to me that’s going to be more important than anything else he has to offer, and 2.) can somebody on this roster do what KCP did 2 seasons ago and be that consistent glue guy who’s always hitting his shots and playing + defense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2021, 01:14 AM   #1736
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Lakers have somewhat of a weird roster in general because they have tons of depth, maybe the deepest team in the league. If you took their 5 worst players they might be better than any other teams 5 worst players. And then they have their big 3, who if that works fit wise is as good as any teams big 3 except maybe the Nets. It’s just those guys in between are incredibly meh.. like if we were to compare them to the Nets who also loaded up with depth I just have tons more confidence in guys like Joe Harris, Patty Mills, Paul Millsap, Blake Griffin than I do those Lakers guys. At least with Kuz you know he at least could go big, and with Caruso, Trez, KCP, AB, those guys you at least knew what you were going to get every night.. I have no idea what to expect on a consistent level from guys like Ellington, Bazemore, Monk, etc..

I guess you could say Melo, Rondo, Dwight, Ariza have still been solid pieces over the last couple of years.. but they are all so old. It’s not like they are going to just slowly taper away, at some point those guys just won’t have much value, for all we know it could be this season. They’re at that point in their careers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »