Home

Western Conference 2nd Round Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Western Conference 2nd Round Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2022, 05:07 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Western Conference 2nd Round Discussion Thread

Players absolutely should not be ejected for what Draymond Green did. I'll die on that hill.

Dude wanted to stop a bucket, got overzealous, and everyone lived to fight another day. Flagrant 1 and move on. I have zero idea what throwing him out accomplishes here. It's dumb.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:11 PM   #18
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

If you thought Minnesota plays dumb, wait until you see us.

Dangerous play by Draymond. No one's fault he got thrown out but his own. Glad Clark is ok.

Curry and Thompson playing defense like 3rd-graders out there.

Poole gets hot and hits 2 three's then Kerr pulls him and has Damion Lee (a mascot player there because of his relationship to Curry) in the game.

Yeah, we take dumb to new levels.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 05-01-2022, 05:15 PM   #19
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Players absolutely should not be ejected for what Draymond Green did. I'll die on that hill.

Dude wanted to stop a bucket, got overzealous, and everyone lived to fight another day. Flagrant 1 and move on. I have zero idea what throwing him out accomplishes here. It's dumb.
No I'm sorry but you're wrong. Just watch it again. He slaps him in the face with his right hand and then pulls his jersey with his left hand. Not only did he get him twice. But he never made an attempt on the ball

https://twitter.com/Wjos562/status/1...k5eUweCrw&s=19

This is dangerous. Grayson Allen kind of foul. Not only did you slap him in the face. But you pulled his jersey while he was in the air to pull him to the ground (then try to catch him as hit) that's BS.

Last edited by jeebs9; 05-01-2022 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 PM   #20
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Ja keep hitting those. Just wave the white flag lol
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

If you let that left hand jersey grab slide with just an F1 then you have to let people fight, because that is just flat out dirty and dangerous.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No I'm sorry but you're wrong. Just watch it again. He slaps him in the face with his right hand and then pulls his jersey with his left hand. Not only did he get him twice. But he never made an attempt on the ball

https://twitter.com/Wjos562/status/1...k5eUweCrw&s=19

This is dangerous. Grayson Allen kind of foul. Not only did you slap him in the face. But you pulled his jersey while he was in the air to pull him to the ground (then try to catch him as hit) that's BS.
I don't see anything to be gained from throwing him out for that. An F1 would have been plenty enough to convey the point that sort of play rises above a typical common foul.

I think comparing it to a completely mid-air drag down is a bit disingenuous. Green's intent was pretty clearly that of someone attempting to stop a play before the player even left the ground. It's a clear Flagrant 1 but I feel some of us are getting a little too dramatic when it comes to citing the potential danger of plays. Clarke wasn't really in the air, he was fine, Draymond was trying to stop his fall as it happened.

That doesn't mean his foul is okay. But throwing him out for being overzealous accomplishes nothing. It's why I feel intent should come back into the picture. A guy made a singular mistake that resulted in no injury, no fights, nothing - and we're going to potentially swing the course of an entire game and series for it. I'd support a return to a semblance of common sense here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
If you let that left hand jersey grab slide with just an F1 then you have to let people fight, because that is just flat out dirty and dangerous.
I think context, flow, and sense all matter. There's ground between "letting it happen" and ejection. That ground is what Flagrant 1's are for.

He grabbed his jersey and never let go, trying to hold him up by it to prevent a tough fall. No one was catching feelings, no one was hurt, and it was a clear F1. There's so much room between that act and letting guys fight.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-01-2022 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:29 PM   #23
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
EXACTLY
Quote:
I don't see anything to be gained from throwing him out for that. An F1 would have been plenty enough to convey the point that sort of play rises above a typical common foul.

I think comparing it to a completely mid-air drag down is a bit disingenuous. Green's intent was pretty clearly that of someone attempting to stop a play before the player even left the ground. It's a clear Flagrant 1 but I feel some of us are getting a little too dramatic when it comes to citing the potential danger of plays. Clarke wasn't really in the air, he was fine, Draymond was trying to stop his fall as it happened.

That doesn't mean his foul is okay. But throwing him out for being overzealous accomplishes nothing. It's why I feel intent should come back into the picture. A guy made a singular mistake that resulted in no injury, no fights, nothing - and we're going to potentially swing the course of an entire game and series for it. I'd support a return to a semblance of common sense here.
I don't think you see the potential dangers of letting that play go by without ejecting him.

I love Draymond Green. Probably more than most around here. If he had only did one of those acts. Either the slap or the pull down. That's F1. That's why my original post said F1. But after seeing the combo of both. President has been set. That can't happen anymore.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:30 PM   #24
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Meanwhile Warriors take the lead. Bane and Brooks are off from the field. Got to take advantage of that

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »