Home

Goalkeepers

This is a discussion on Goalkeepers within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 07:07 AM   #73
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Goalkeepers

unnamed.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed3.jpg

Just a few examples from my matches yesterday. If the ball goes on target it's a 90% chance of going in...

Difficulty: Top-Player

Same results as on Professional. Goalies are a joke.

Also recorded around 10-15 videos during the 2 hrs I played yesterday. Wanna make a "best-of" video of gks in the next days.
Really, really hope Konami can do sth. about it. The gameplay of 16 is amazing but this is such a big issue.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
Attachment 106677

Attachment 106678

Attachment 106679

Just a few examples from my matches yesterday. If the ball goes on target it's a 90% chance of going in...

Difficulty: Top-Player

Same results as on Professional. Goalies are a joke.

Also recorded around 10-15 videos during the 2 hrs I played yesterday. Wanna make a "best-of" video of gks in the next days.
Really, really hope Konami can do sth. about it. The gameplay of 16 is amazing but this is such a big issue.

Has to be the way you play. You're probably doing too much end-to-end stuff instead of patient build-up, sim-like. I'm playing lots of games and not really experiencing these difficulties.

In fact, played Portugal yesterday with Peru. We combined for six goals, 3-3, in the first half. I was like, 'Dang, this one could get real ugly.' Nope. Second half was scoreless and it ended 3-3. Ronaldo and Danny were monsters.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #75
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Right. I wanna see the goals, I want to see your defense. If you are challenging shots, they don't go in. Simple as that.

2015-09-20_00056.jpg

This is from ONE half of a 25 minute match. Zenit finish with 21 shots, Danny, Rondon & Hulk were killer against me (Feyenoord). 7 shots on target from both teams, 2 goals. 20 shots total. Game finished 4-1. Zenit knocking in 3 after the 60th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #76
Rookie

flo182's Arena

I'll make a video of the goals in the next 2-3 days. I played around 7-8 matches last night and I've already got around 10-12 goals for the video.

And like I said before, it doesnt have to do with my defending, because its not just me who gets the goals. My shots on target also have a chance of going in of around 70-90%. The first few days I played on Professional, yesterday I went to Top-Player (or the next step after "pro"- difficulty).

I'm also not complaining about the amounts of goals, mostly its around 3-5 goals per match which is totally okay. And I really like the gameplay, so I dont wanna hate on PES or anything like that.

The problem is just shots and keepers. Shots are either really close or hit the crossbar or they go in.

I hardly see any shots that miss the target by a lot and I hardly see any normal saves by the keeper.

Might be only the PC-Version with that problem ...

@PeruvianPlaya

It definitely does NOT have to do with the way I play. I'm not the typical box-to-box player (it doesnt even work very well on higher difficulties). It happens in all my matches, no matter if I focus on counter attacks or play patiently. I wrote this a few times in this thread, it's doesnt even matter if there's a defender nearby or not. The goalies are horrible!

Last edited by flo182; 09-21-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:52 AM   #77
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

Bought the game last week on release day and didn't even unwrap it. I already returned it based on this issue and the lack of fouls. I'll wait till there's a patch, IF there's a patch, and by then the game will be cheaper anyway.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #78
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

I started playing on Superstar and from the 2 games I played, the goalies are definitely better . Will have to play more but I was getting shots off in the box and was getting saved quite a bit. The only goals I scored were normal goals like a quick chip over the goalie from a pass in one game and 2 headers from corners in another game
Old 09-23-2015, 10:04 PM   #79
Just started!

On superstar I find the keepers to be better sometimes....

However, to counteract this, the CPU seems to place EVERY shot in the perfect spot (i.e. low corner, top corner, off woodwork).
Old 09-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #80
Rookie

Huntaar X2's Arena

I am experiencing the same problems unfortunately.

I have been playing through an AFC Champions League and I finished the Group Stage with 16 For, 15 Against. The Goalkeepers seem to have perfect reaction time on shots outside the box, but inside the box they react way too late.

It isn't a "get good noob" problem, it's a Goalkeeper AI problem. I also see a LOT of bad-angle shots curve right around the Goalkeeper, a lot of them being the "outside of the foot" shot. If the Goalkeepers had the same reaction time as they do against the long shots I don't think there would be any problems.

This is the problem that originally made me get FIFA years ago... Loved PES2015 but it seems like the problem is back once again and there are no sliders or anything to adjust.

Last edited by Huntaar X2; 09-24-2015 at 05:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »