Home

Mike Vick will develop into a great pocket passer.

This is a discussion on Mike Vick will develop into a great pocket passer. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2005, 06:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Mike Vick will develop into a great pocket passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Go to the atlanta falcons board and look back around the beginning of the season. The so called "fans" were calling for shaub to start over vick.
I'd love the link if you have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #26
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
You said that it shows that falcons fans are passionate about the team and that's a lie. They are passionate to vick and they aren't even that passionate towards him. They were clamoring for shaub to start over vick.
I believe that hype was caused by Shaub's preseason... the same kind that led ESPN to even hint Luke McCown would start for the Browns because of his preseason heroics.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
I believe that hype was caused by Shaub's preseason... the same kind that led ESPN to even hint Luke McCown would start for the Browns because of his preseason heroics.
Yeah that's when they started calling for him to start.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #28

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindo67
I'd love the link if you have it.
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #29
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
You have problems reading? There's no spelling, grammar, or conventions errors so I fail to see what's wrong with it.
Well, smartass, I was wondering what you were talking about because I hadn't heard anything about that. Thanks for explaining, buddy.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #30

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
Well, smartass, I was wondering what you were talking about because I hadn't heard anything about that. Thanks for explaining, buddy.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #31
Rookie

uncleray's Arena

OVR: 2

Haven't they learned anything from Randal Cuhningham when he was with the Eagles. You destroy mobile QBs when you keep them in the pocket. Randal didn't get hurt till Cotite tried to turn him into a pocket passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 6

What cracks me up is when I hear people say that Vick is “redefining” the QB position (Hello ESPN nitwits). Wrong—it’s the exact opposite. The pocket passing game redefined the QB position (as well as the game). Running QB’s in the wishbone, flex, wing-t etc. were common untill the wide-open passing game changed the way offenses were ran. So running QB’s are not new, in fact they are truly old school. However, as the athleticism on defense caught up with the offense, these types of offenses became outdated and obsolete (as we’ve seen in the college game over the last 15 years—virtually no Division I teams run a wish-bone type offense).

There has not been ONE scrambling QB in the last thirty years that has been very successful at 1) putting up decent numbers and 2) winning. Now granted, Vick has incredible speed, probably more that any QB in history. But is he truly going to redefine the QB position? Of course not. He will sell tickets and make great Nike commercials— ESPN’s highlights will see to that. But will he win—no. Once defenses adjust and scheme to his speed (i.e. Tampa, Carolina, Philly) he will fade and become just another ESPN created, over-hyped, never was.

Bet me.

Last edited by SemperVictoria; 02-10-2005 at 07:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »