Home

Vikings on the verge of being sold to Fowler

This is a discussion on Vikings on the verge of being sold to Fowler within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Vikings on the verge of being sold to Fowler

This isn't quite a done deal.

The NFL still has to process the application for ownership. Fowler has also enlisted the aid of 2 investors in NY who have to go through a background/financial check as well. We won't know for sure if Fowler is accepted for another month or more.

Also the guy who owns the T-Wolves (sorry forgot his name) may still be able to up his bid if things dont' work out.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #10
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
So, what are your thoughts on Fowler and his future with our team?
I got to wait to the other approve him... Assuming that happens I hope he's not in it to just make money. I hope he hires Football minded people in the front office. I hope he get the Vikings a new stadium (an outside one) I hope he'll be willing to spend in free agency.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Well I would rather have Glenn Taylor (thats his name) than fowler just for the reason that he lives in MN. It is looking like Fowler will get the Vikings but I would rather have Taylor, he has a better shot at getting a stadium. He has more money and is well know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #12
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
This isn't quite a done deal.

The NFL still has to process the application for ownership. Fowler has also enlisted the aid of 2 investors in NY who have to go through a background/financial check as well. We won't know for sure if Fowler is accepted for another month or more.

Also the guy who owns the T-Wolves (sorry forgot his name) may still be able to up his bid if things dont' work out.
Glen Taylor is who you talking about and he's a joke because he could have already bought the team by now.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I hope he get the Vikings a new stadium (an outside one) I hope he'll be willing to spend in free agency.
How do you like the recent retractable layout? I think a totally outdoor stadium would not work.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:11 PM   #14
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Glen Taylor is who you talking about and he's a joke because he could have already bought the team by now.
Yep thanks well I heard last night that the reason he hasn't purchased the team was because he was lowballing McCombs. If I were a smart businessman i'd do the same thing too. So if he really wants the team he'll up his offer which he has done 2 times previously. Tho it DOES look like it's too late for him.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-14-2005, 05:12 PM   #15
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
How do you like the recent retractable layout? I think a totally outdoor stadium would not work.
Why because they want the Super Bowl to return? I think the Vikes should go back to the old school but when they do get a stadium it be retractable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Yep thanks well I heard last night that the reason he hasn't purchased the team was because he was lowballing McCombs. If I were a smart businessman i'd do the same thing too. So if he really wants the team he'll up his offer which he has done 2 times previously. Tho it DOES look like it's too late for him.
I think McCombs was asking too much all along and Taylor knows it. The team is only appraised at 500 million but this Fowler is willing to pay 625 million.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »