Home

How good will Phillip Rivers be?

This is a discussion on How good will Phillip Rivers be? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #49
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: How good will Phillip Rivers be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Chargers definitely need WR help, but from the limited time I saw of him (he was hurt most of the year), I really liked what I saw. He's big and physical and fights for the ball, and can simply overwhelm DB's when fighting for the ball. He uses his body well to shield off deenders.

He's still very raw, and has a long way to go, but I do expect big things from him in the future. Maybe not this year, but the year after probably. I know the Chargers coaching staff, absolutely loves the kid. Watch the Colts game, he had 2 or 3 huge catches that were very tough plays.
Hes not as Raw as you may think. The only thing that he has to continue to work on is his routes.

This kid is a Diamond in the rough and He wasn't injured for most of the year. He was injured for 2-3 Games but, He wasn't allowed to play in certain weeks because they are only allowed a certain number of players on the squad. So it was just pick your posion. When he was healthy, he couldn't play because someone on the squad was playing and the chargers didn't want to take the players out.

In the Colts game he had 1 Big catch and then a late 3rd down catch ( 2 Big Plays ) and he didn't understand why the chargers didn't have any more plays for him. ( I am trying to remember what exactly he said.)

If you like debating sports with your friends, or talk sports at a local bar whatever...this is all that wrapped into one. This is Urban Sports Talk

www.thehotspotshow.com
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ducross-brothers

Last edited by TheTruth916; 04-10-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #50
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth916
He wasn't injured for most of the year. He was injured for 2-3 Games but, He wasn't allowed to play in certain weeks because they are only allowed a certain number of players on the squad. So it was just pick your posion. When he was healthy, he couldn't play because someone on the squad was playing and the chargers didn't want to take the players out.
I'm sure it had a lot to do with him being really raw, never playing against great talent (he went to N. Colorado), and the fact that he was hurt probably set him back quite a bit. I mean, you really think the reason he didn't see much playing time was because there wasn't room on the roster? Kassim Osgood suited up for almost double the games that Jackson did. You think its any coincidence that he didn't suit up for a game until week eight?

Please.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Hes not as Raw as you may think. The only thing that he has to continue to work on is his routes.

This kid is a Diamond in the rough and He wasn't injured for most of the year. He was injured for 2-3 Games but, He wasn't allowed to play in certain weeks because they are only allowed a certain number of players on the squad. So it was just pick your posion. When he was healthy, he couldn't play because someone on the squad was playing and the chargers didn't want to take the players out.

In the Colts game he had 1 Big catch and then a late 3rd down catch ( 2 Big Plays ) and he didn't understand why the chargers didn't go back to him more.
I saw him near the end of the season he's still pretty raw. You can tell his coverage recognition and reaction is still not second nature. He's still thinking about things. He looks unsure at times on blitz and sight adjustments.

He's raw, but considering where he came from that's to be expected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
I'm sure it had a lot to do with him being really raw, never playing against great talent (he went to N. Colorado), and the fact that he was hurt probably set him back quite a bit. I mean, you really think the reason he didn't see much playing time was because there wasn't room on the roster? Kassim Osgood suited up for almost double the games that Jackson did. You think its any coincidence that he didn't suit up for a game until week eight?

Please.
To be fair, Kassim Osgood is a special teams monster, so had he not gotten injured Osgood would have been active for every game, and for good reason. He's devastating on ST.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #53
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I saw him near the end of the season he's still pretty raw. You can tell his coverage recognition and reaction is still not second nature. He's still thinking about things. He looks unsure at times on blitz and sight adjustments.

He's raw, but considering where he came from that's to be expected.
Yeah but, that comes with the territory of being a rookie not just being raw. He spends hours in the film room with McCardell learning the coverages and knowing things.

If you like debating sports with your friends, or talk sports at a local bar whatever...this is all that wrapped into one. This is Urban Sports Talk

www.thehotspotshow.com
Old 04-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Yeah but, that comes with the territory of being a rookie not just being raw. He spends hours in the film room with McCardell learning the coverages and knowing things.
That's exactly what being raw is. He's phsyically gifted, but he's got a long ways to go mentally, and on the field.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #55
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy

Please.
Kassim Osgood got injured on ST and hes a good ST player. Also could be huge in the Passing game if he got more reps there.

Yes I do believe there was no room on the roster for him durning certain games. There were Vets who have been around longer and were playing good. The only way VJ saw action was when a person was nicked up. Also, The chargers didn't want to carry 6 WRs.

www.thehotspotshow.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Kassim Osgood got injured on ST and hes a good ST player. Also could be huge in the Passing game if he got more reps there.

Yes I do believe there was no room on the roster for him durning certain games. There were Vets who have been around longer and were playing good. The only way VJ saw action was when a person was nicked up. Also, The chargers didn't want to carry 6 WRs.
Thing is, if they have VJ active instead of that stiff Reche Caldwell for the Eagles game, Chargers probably still win that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »