Home

AFC Championship Game: Patriots at Colts

This is a discussion on AFC Championship Game: Patriots at Colts within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #17
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: AFC Championship Game: Patriots at Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
What was wrong with that? He's right imo.
He has a point but to say that after the team just had a hard fought victory just wasn't right. It deflected the attention from the game to Manning crying out "look at me!".

Besides, when you're the literal "face" of the NFL you're bound to get unfair criticism at times. He should just take it in stride. You don't ever see Brady calling attention to himself when he pulls off magical victories like tonight.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #18
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
There is no way that the colts should not get into the superbowl. This Patriots team is not built for a championship they are not that good. If Peyton does not beat the Pats next sunday then he will never get one. Everything is lined up for the colts to get to the big show this year.

I Don't see any way that the colts should lose...unless Peyton chokes.
Sounds exactly what the Patriots were hearing in 2001. Patriots had ZERO chance, weren't a good team, etc etc.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 01-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Belichick and Brady are going to humiliate the Colts.
A's

Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
He has a point but to say that after the team just had a hard fought victory just wasn't right. It deflected the attention from the game to Manning crying out "look at me!".

Besides, when you're the literal "face" of the NFL you're bound to get unfair criticism at times. He should just take it in stride. You don't ever see Brady calling attention to himself when he pulls off magical victories like tonight.
True.

He could have avoided the question, and just said all the talk doesn't bother him
Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Sounds exactly what the Patriots were hearing in 2001. Patriots had ZERO chance, weren't a good team, etc etc.
Elicoleman, I am not in any means downing the Pats, I am just taking an honest assessment of this current team compared to the ones that did win. Brady does not have what I would call big time receivers, or at least recvrs that have been with him for a while. Harrison is out on D, Linebackers are getting slower. They are still gritty and Brady is still the man, but there is no way that team should have beat the chargers today. If Brady and the Pats somehow win that game against the colts with those receivers ( I just don't see it), then go on to win the SB, then Brady should go down as the best qb ever!

I am guranteeing a colts win. I just can't see them losing to this Patriot team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #22
MVP

DrDoom77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
I hope the Colts win by about 400.
Ditto.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #23
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Elicoleman, I am not in any means downing the Pats, I am just taking an honest assessment of this current team compared to the ones that did win. Brady does not have what I would call big time receivers, or at least recvrs that have been with him for a while. Harrison is out on D, Linebackers are getting slower. They are still gritty and Brady is still the man, but there is no way that team should have beat the chargers today. If Brady and the Pats somehow win that game against the colts with those receivers ( I just don't see it), then go on to win the SB, then Brady should go down as the best qb ever!

I am guranteeing a colts win. I just can't see them losing to this Patriot team.
If you compare this team to our 03 and 04 Super Bowl teams, than I would agree that we aren't as talented.

Colts are coming together at the perfect time, and their one true weakness (run D) has been exceptional the past two games.

The thing that makes me feel better about Brady is that he never has back to back bad games. He always bounces back, so I'm very confident he will play well next week.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 01-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #24
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I have no opinion on this game except to say: "i'm tired of this rivalry"

However i'm going to throw gasoline for the Manning haters out there. This is what Peyton said after the Colts beat the Ravens:

Wow!

Just for that I hope the Pats win 45-0
That's not gasoline for anything, it's the truth. I'm not a fan of his but he's always doing whatever he can only to have the defense let him down and then he gets the reputation for "choking".

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »