Home

Chargers hire Norv Turner BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is a discussion on Chargers hire Norv Turner BWAHAHAHAHAHA! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Chargers hire Norv Turner BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
not koo-aide, just loyalty...but thats great, please be a cowboy fan, but dont switch back to us and sport a Charger AVY half way thru the season.
Yeah just loyalty. It's blind homerism.

Tell you what. When you've put anywhere near as much time and money (season tix for decades) in to this team as I have, then look down your nose at me. Until then, just worry about your own homer self, and keep your head in the sand.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson-for-Heisman
Could be a good fit, it's my understanding Turner installed the offense the Chargers currently use.

Some people here are clearly overreacting. I've said it before, we need someone who can simply manage the talent on this roster and not drop the ball.
Really? When has Turner ever proven he can do that? How is this an upgrade over Marty?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Really? When has Turner ever proven he can do that? How is this an upgrade over Marty?
His experience and connections with this organization? The fact that he installed the offense we currently use?

Really, if you expected things to change or progress under Marty, then your eyes were closed.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #60
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
His experience and connections with this organization? The fact that he installed the offense we currently use?

Really, if you expected things to change or progress under Marty, then your eyes were closed.
So you expect things to progress under Norv? When has he ever proven he's capable of that?

Again I ask, when has he ever proven he's the guy who won't drop the ball and can manage a team? How exactly is this an upgrade?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 9

What's done is done. Norv wasn't my first choice and I'm still not pleased, but as a fan you can only hope for the best and look at the positives.

Last time I checked we still have 11 pro bowlers on this roster. It's not like Norv is being brought in to rebuild a team. Has he ever had a team this talented?

With all due respect BK, AJ Smith has proven you wrong time and time again. Yes, I know, he hasn't won "anything." But we have 2 division titles in the last three years because of the talent he has directly brought in. If you are using a Super Bowl and only a Super Bowl as a measuring stick of a GM then IMO you are being short-sighted. I'm not washing AJ's balls but facts are facts, this roster you are looking at is basically his, and it's pretty damn good. I wish he could have co-existed with Marty but it wasn't meant to be. Norv Turner now basically has a year to win a Super Bowl, which wasn't all that different than Marty's one year lame duck status.

My main concern is how the players will respond to him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

You do realize that you're pretty much pissing into the wind with Mr. Know-It-All Kool-Aid Boy?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:14 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton
What's done is done. Norv wasn't my first choice and I'm still not pleased, but as a fan you can only hope for the best and look at the positives.

Last time I checked we still have 11 pro bowlers on this roster. It's not like Norv is being brought in to rebuild a team. Has he ever had a team this talented?

With all due respect BK, AJ Smith has proven you wrong time and time again. Yes, I know, he hasn't won "anything." But we have 2 division titles in the last three years because of the talent he has directly brought in. If you are using a Super Bowl and only a Super Bowl as a measuring stick of a GM then IMO you are being short-sighted. I'm not washing AJ's balls but facts are facts, this roster you are looking at is basically his, and it's pretty damn good. I wish he could have co-existed with Marty but it wasn't meant to be. Norv Turner now basically has a year to win a Super Bowl, which wasn't all that different than Marty's one year lame duck status.

My main concern is how the players will respond to him.
So AJ's responsible for the teams success and Marty and his staff are responsible for the failures. AJ hasn't proven a damn thing.

You want to drop to your knees and put the chapstick on at the mention of AJ, fine. But he screwed the pooch on his handling of this, and there's a strong chance it will bite us in the ***, yet again.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:14 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 47

Damn we lost BK to the Cowboys. I still think this is a bad hire, but oh well. AJ is a trip and SD will not win with NT. I am mean what did he do in Washington?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »