Home

The Michael Vick discussion thread

This is a discussion on The Michael Vick discussion thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #9
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Who else thinks this is Vick's last year w/Falcons???

I don't think so. Like its been said already in this thread, his conract is huge so I don't see them doing anything with him. Plus he brings in fans to watch the games.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
I don't think so. Like its been said already in this thread, his conract is huge so I don't see them doing anything with him. Plus he brings in fans to watch the games.
It's the NFL, attendance isn't a problem, pretty for the most part, no matter who you have on your team.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
Really? from what I gathered from the Falcon fans he was the only one that mattered to them. And without him they'd be lucky to sell 1,000 tickets.

I'm joking on the last point but the fans there do seem to be Vick nut huggers... I'd imagine Blank would keep him as long as he keeps the bottom line from going into red right?
Depends where you are. There are a lot of people jumping on Vick's member, but a there's also a large portion who hate Vick because he has cornrows and is "a thug" (granted, this was years before they knew he was fighting dogs).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Depends where you are. There are a lot of people jumping on Vick's member, but a there's also a large portion who hate Vick because he has cornrows and is "a thug" (granted, this was years before they knew he was fighting dogs).
Most of the falcon fans I know and the one's who populate message boards, they're only fans because of Vick and you could see that first hand when he broke his leg. The stadium was pretty much empty all season until he came back.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-27-2007, 11:50 AM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Most of the falcon fans I know and the one's who populate message boards, they're only fans because of Vick and you could see that first hand when he broke his leg. The stadium was pretty much empty all season until he came back.
That's not really true.

Some quick attendance numbers.

Last home game Matt Schaub started for Atlanta attendance was: 71,079

VIck's next start after the Schaub game at home attendance was: 70,995

Doug Johnson's last start the year Vick Broke his leg and ATL's record was 2-9: 70,891

Vick's last start in 2006 attendance: 68,824
Old 05-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #14
Rookie

TRASHMAN2K's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah but that count tickets sold not seats filled. I went to a Texans game they said 70,000 and half the seats were empty.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's not really true.

Some quick attendance numbers.

Last home game Matt Schaub started for Atlanta attendance was: 71,079

VIck's next start after the Schaub game at home attendance was: 70,995

Doug Johnson's last start the year Vick Broke his leg and ATL's record was 2-9: 70,891

Vick's last start in 2006 attendance: 68,824
They might've sold tickets but if you watched the games then you would've seen all the empty seats in the stadium. I don't know why that Tennesse game had a lot of tickets sold(unless it was based on speculation of Vik returning) but that one game doesn't mean much if you saw how many people actually attended their games. Vick's last start is really irrelevant since they had a terrible season and they had no hope of anything.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
They might've sold tickets but if you watched the games then you would've seen all the empty seats in the stadium. Where did you get that number about Doug Johnson's last start? The falcons have records of their attendence and the only time where they had over 70,000 people the year Vick was injured was against the Saints, which would make sense since the Saints are their rivals. Vick's last start is really irrelevant since they had a terrible season and they had no hope of anything.
NFL official game book reports. This is the NFL's official game report:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...031123_TEN@ATL

The though Vick fills seats just isn't true. In the NFL attendance is not a problem.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »