Home

The Moss Method

This is a discussion on The Moss Method within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2007, 02:18 AM   #41
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Moss Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
IMO Moss isnt a great receiver. He is a receiver that lives off of his athletic ability to have success. Without his athletic abilty, Moss would be just another receiver.
But he has the athletic ability. He puts up better numbers than anyone in the game today and is the biggest threat at WR in the game. He wouldn't be great if he didn't have that great ability, but he has it, so he is great. Just because he doesn't have to work as hard as others doesn't make him worse than them. That logic is just flawed. It makes him less likeable, and maybe you might wany other recievers for your team instead, but the only WRs who really have a case to be better than Moss are Rice, T.O., and Carter (I'd rank Moss ahead of T.O. or Carter). So if it wasn't for the fact that he is a great reciever, he would be just another reciever. So that means he isn't great. Makes no sense to me.

Without great ability, guys like Ladainian Tomlinson, Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson, Chad Johnson, etc. would just be regular players. For most players athletic ability is what sets them apart. It doesn't make them not great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 02:24 AM   #42

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Are you talking about Cris Carter? For some reason I could never understand all the praise that Carter got, Im not sure what it is, but I just dont view him as one of the only recveivers better then Moss. I like Owens but he suffers from the same attitude problems that Moss does, Owens is a more physical player then Moss as well. Im not sure off the top of my head who I would rank ahead of Carter but for some reason when a discussion of top WR's comes up I never think of him.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:33 AM   #43
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Are you talking about Cris Carter? For some reason I could never understand all the praise that Carter got, Im not sure what it is, but I just dont view him as one of the only recveivers better then Moss. I like Owens but he suffers from the same attitude problems that Moss does, Owens is a more physical player then Moss as well. Im not sure off the top of my head who I would rank ahead of Carter but for some reason when a discussion of top WR's comes up I never think of him.
Carter is one of the those receivers who benefited from the air it out explosion in the 90s. That's the time when Andre Rison, Herman Moore and Johnnie Morton were putting up some big numbers. Moore was the best of those three but they're no great shakes.

One thing that makes Carter unique tho is that he battled back from cocaine addiction and being a "problem player" and turned into a very solid citizen and dependable receiver. He was actually a steadying influence for a young Randy Moss.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 47

Chris Carter had the best hands I have ever seen. The catches he made were amazing. Not saying he had better hands than Rice, but they are pretty close. If Carter didn't have the drug problem, he could have had some of Rice's records. He was fun to watch as a Vikings.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:21 PM   #45
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Chris Carter had the best hands I have ever seen. The catches he made were amazing. Not saying he had better hands than Rice, but they are pretty close. If Carter didn't have the drug problem, he could have had some of Rice's records. He was fun to watch as a Vikings.
If Carter didn't have the drug problems, the Eagles would've kept him and they may have won a Super Bowl.

And then that cheap bastard Braman would've let Carter go become a free agent along with Reggie White.

Carter was amazing. A big favorite of mine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I guess that explains Brady's fist full of SB rings before Moss got there. Brady was already killing people before Moss got there. Moss was floundering in his last season in Minnesota and in Oakland.. He's a great player, but he needs Brady a whole lot more than Brady needs him.

Brady has put up the numbers no matter who he's had around him. The same can not be said for Moss.
The "Tuck Rule", defense, and VINATIERI explains Brady's fist full of SB rings. The Patiots have won every SB by last second, game winning field goals from Vinatieri with exception of the game vs the Eagles, which they still won by ONLY 3 pts. So, they were not "killing" people before Moss got there. They're a completely different team now, and lets not forget Welker and Stallworth helps Brady and Moss as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
IMO Moss isnt a great receiver. He is a receiver that lives off of his athletic ability to have success. Without his athletic abilty, Moss would be just another receiver.
It never hurt Lynn Swann. His "athleticism" got him in the HOF even though guys like John Stallworth and Art Monk are better receivers.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 11-20-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 47

Bk, Moss was not struggling in Minny at the end. He was injured, there is a difference. He had that hammy problem. The reason he got traded was so Pepper could be the leader. That was Minny stupidest trade they have ever done. Moss is no where near as dangerous as he was as a Vikings, but he is still one the best out there. That is the scary part. I will say one thing Moss is the most explosive WR I have ever seen. Rice is still better, but only because of the records. If I was going to take one player it would be Moss. The old Moss, the one that caused Defensive coordinator not to sleep at night. The one that was faster than any one on the field. I remember when he was going to play Dallas and Sanders was hurt, so they never match up. Everybody wanted to see that match up. Right now it is not even close Rice is the greatest. Moss is a freak of nature though!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
The "Tuck Rule", defense, and VINATIERI explains Brady's fist full of SB rings. The Patiots have won every SB by last second, game winning field goals from Vinatieri with exception of the game vs the Eagles, which they still won by ONLY 3 pts. So, they were not "killing" people before Moss got there. They're a completely different team now, and lets not forget Welker and Stallworth helps Brady and Moss as well.

I wonder who got Vinatieri there in the first place....but according to you, it's probably the receivers since Brady doesn't do anything on his own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »