Home

Season over for Reggie Bush?

This is a discussion on Season over for Reggie Bush? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #49
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Season over for Reggie Bush?

Well you may be right. I'm just saying what I feel about Young. Now if Young doesn't improve by the end of next season then you'll probably hear people complaining just like how there's a sizable minority talking about Bush.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-08-2007, 08:48 AM   #50
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Um maybe he is watching film but it's Kim Kardashian's film, whom Reggie was rumored to have been with.
Reggie, the entire West Coast and Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan up in Canada.

Hell, you've probably hit it and don't even remember.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #51
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
First of all my statement wasn't outlandish. If you look at how everyone was praising Bush and saying he was going to change the game in some ways you'd expect him to be doing that right now. I'm not saying he's a bust. I'm saying he's heading down that way. To me, he's been a disappointment. He hasn't really lived up to all the hype thrown at him.

He's essentially Terry Metcalf V.2.

That's not a bad thing but it's not what everyone thought he'd be. I'm willing to give Bush three more seasons but if he continues to disappoint whether because of injuries or a bad O-line or whatever then you can't go blaming folks for calling him a disappointment at best and a bust at worst.

BTW thanks for extrapolating my comment to make it seem that I think he's a bust. I was talking in the general sense as you see above I think he's a disappointment that's all.
So, how many games have you actually watched him play? Possibly 2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #52
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
So, how many games have you actually watched him play? Possibly 2?
4 or 5. He's had some stellar games and makes some pretty good plays but again he's not the breakout superstar everyone expected him to be. That's not saying he's isn't any good because he fits pretty well with what New Orleans wants out of him but he's a disappointment at best.

He could be better in the long run and i'm sure you'd agree with that. Remember he's also playing a position that is more or less automatic in terms of transitioning form college to the pros. BTW the Metcalf comparison isn't exactly an insult as he was a pretty good player back in the day.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #53
MVP

Rainey's Arena

Quote:
4 or 5. He's had some stellar games and makes some pretty good plays but again he's not the breakout superstar everyone expected him to be. That's not saying he's isn't any good because he fits pretty well with what New Orleans wants out of him but he's a disappointment at best.

He could be better in the long run and i'm sure you'd agree with that. Remember he's also playing a position that is more or less automatic in terms of transitioning form college to the pros. BTW the Metcalf comparison isn't exactly an insult as he was a pretty good player back in the day.
Yes, he was overhyped. However, if you were building a franchise (not including QB's) wouldn't Bush be on your top 20 list of football players atleast?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #54
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Yes, he was overhyped. However, if you were building a franchise (not including QB's) wouldn't Bush be on your top 20 list of football players atleast?
Well you got me beat there. He'd be on my list just on potential alone.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #55
MVP

Rainey's Arena

Quote:
Well you got me beat there. He'd be on my list just on potential alone.
I mean, I'm a Saints homer (slightly behind my Cowboy's homer tendencies) but I just love how Bush plays. Sometimes he goes too much East and West to be effective, but when he actually goes north and south with the mixture of his moves and speed it always feels like he is about to break it for the TD. The problem, everyone is thinking the same thing and noticing he really isn't doing that consistently yet. I think three years from now we will either see him fulfill his potential or like you say he might be considered a disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
I think that's going a little bit overboard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »