Home

Kudos to Chad Pennington

This is a discussion on Kudos to Chad Pennington within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Kudos to Chad Pennington

Old 01-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
He may hurt himself some, but he's still going to get 7 figure deals. Realistically speaking, he probably won't be upset with that. He probably won't have much trouble feeding his family. Or a small foreign country if he so decided.
It's all relative. In any profession you should strive to be the best that you can and hope to get paid accordingly based on how well you do your job. It doesn't matter what that dollar figure is outside of the perspective of what the others in your field are making. He hurt his chance to make what he deserves based on that, which is probably a bad idea since you don't have to be a complete a** to still protect yourself there (though a lot of players decide to take it to that level).

I don't think the money is the biggest aspect though. More importantly, it gives them more reason to treat him however they want on and off the field.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #11
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Matt Schaub didn't whine and hold his team hostage either, but the falcons traded him to the Texans. You don't have to be a whiny T.O. to get what you want. Pennington has value as a starter, but relegated himself to backup..kudos to that I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's all relative. In any profession you should strive to be the best that you can and hope to get paid accordingly based on how well you do your job. It doesn't matter what that dollar figure is outside of the perspective of what the others in your field are making. He hurt his chance to make what he deserves based on that, which is probably a bad idea since you don't have to be a complete a** to still protect yourself there (though a lot of players decide to take it to that level).

I don't think the money is the biggest aspect though. More importantly, it gives them more reason to treat him however they want on and off the field.
In my opinion, making 7 figures a year is still pretty good protection. And I understand the mindset behind striving to get what you can, but if I made 2 million a year instead of 2.5 million, you wouldn't hear me complain at all. There's a characteristic called humility that doesn't get talked about too much in our society, but that's what Chad showed in this article.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #13
D*d*c*t*d M*t f*n

Metman24's Arena

OVR: 7

He's under contract, so that basically means, whether he starts or not, he gets paid. They wont cut him, because a good backup is a necessity in the league now. They won't trade him. because the value on the market for a backup quality quarterback is low. Holding out, and/or demanding a trade would do nothing for him, he'd get fined, miss time on the field, and still end up the backup for the Jets.

Clemens may not be the future for the Jets, but neither is Pennington. He's smart enough to know that. His comments make for a great PR move. Unfortunately, that's all they really serve.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metman24
He's under contract, so that basically means, whether he starts or not, he gets paid. They wont cut him, because a good backup is a necessity in the league now. They won't trade him. because the value on the market for a backup quality quarterback is low. Holding out, and/or demanding a trade would do nothing for him, he'd get fined, miss time on the field, and still end up the backup for the Jets.

Clemens may not be the future for the Jets, but neither is Pennington. He's smart enough to know that. His comments make for a great PR move. Unfortunately, that's all they really serve.
It's more than that... the files aren't deleted after one year. This could effect him in the future when it isn't so cut and dry. If he goes back on any of it he'll look like a real a**.

I don't really know what the 2 above are arguing against me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »