Home

Why is Jason Garret such a hot coaching hire?

This is a discussion on Why is Jason Garret such a hot coaching hire? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Why is Jason Garret such a hot coaching hire?

I don't get it!? It's not like he has a long resume of success being a coordinator. Someone explain this to me because I am confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Why is Jason Garret such a hot coaching hire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
I don't get it!?

He's very intelligent, understands the game, people, and how everything meshes together. He also grew up in a football family and just understands the mechanics of coaching. Every coach has been impressed by his knowledge of the game, his relationships with the players, and what he brings to the table. The other part of the equation is that he's young, at 41, and this makes him able to relate to football community but also be a mentor at the same time.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

OK,.thanks.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

The problem with your explanation is it only pertains to a cordinator, being the head coach is an entirely different monster. Im with the OP, I dont get it either, its almost like he became the sexy pick and everyone followed suit for fear of being left out of something great, but Garret hasnt proven anything in terms of being a good candidate for a HC imo. Hopefully he is successful wherever he goes, I just dont get the hype for a guy who hasnt proven much, in fact if I was looking for a head coach I would be more impressed with the OC in New England then Garret but I guess thats just me.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

There's a reason people are impressed with him, right or wrong. That type of composure and intelligence he shows when talking about the game of football and when meeting with owners/etc, tends to rub off and get talked about. I'm just saying general, nothing toward Garrett here. When you have that type of charisma and understanding of the game it draws people in. Does that make sense? I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but I know how this goes. So if you're interviewing with people and have that type of personality plus know football, you're going to be a hot commodity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #6

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Ohh I wasnt debating your reason for why he is so popular, you could be right or wrong, Im just stating what I feel about Garret. To me he sounds like a good interview and they better hope it doesnt end there, you can be an offensive genius all you want but it doesnt mean success at the head coaching level, if he deserves a shot then so be it but he better not take the Atlanta job, thats a complete nightmare.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

He's smart and played as a QB in the NFL. So he understands the game from the most important position on the field.

Best qualified means best for the individual team.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Agree w/ the poster talking about head coach being a whole nother story. He's been a coordinator for one year. Did he actually call the plays or did Phillips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »