Home

The Senate and Spygate

This is a discussion on The Senate and Spygate within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #17
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73
Re: The Senate and Spygate

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I agree w/ most posters that gov. has no place in this, but there is something about this that bothers me to no end.

BB cheated and got caught, and the team had to pay a fine. To me that is rediculous - IF YOU CHEAT, YOU SHOULD LOSE - PERIOD.

The games he was suspected for cheating should have gone down as a loss...If an olympic athlete is caught cheating - their medals are taken away, and they are no longer recognized as 'winners' of thier event.

To me the patriots are not 18-0 and if they win the SB the 19-0 should look like this: ***19-0.
The money punishment made me sick and it still does...why not hold the team ACCOUNTABLE by taking away what they DID NOT DESERVE.
It was a business decision. The NFL would lose a major market and have unhappy fans (who will then spend their entertainment dollar elsewhere) if they handed out punishment.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #18
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
It was a business decision. The NFL would lose a major market and have unhappy fans (who will then spend their entertainment dollar elsewhere) if they handed out punishment.
and who's fault would that be. eff the fans... what about the fans of the teams THAT LOST - and the rest of the league????? They are the ones who are hard-done-by. And I seriously doubt it would have made a dent in their fan turn-out and support. bad 'business' decision there. The pats don't deserve their precious 19-0.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I agree w/ most posters that gov. has no place in this, but there is something about this that bothers me to no end.

BB cheated and got caught, and the team had to pay a fine. To me that is rediculous - IF YOU CHEAT, YOU SHOULD LOSE - PERIOD.

The games he was suspected for cheating should have gone down as a loss...If an olympic athlete is caught cheating - their medals are taken away, and they are no longer recognized as 'winners' of thier event.

To me the patriots are not 18-0 and if they win the SB the 19-0 should look like this: ***19-0.
The money punishment made me sick and it still does...why not hold the team ACCOUNTABLE by taking away what they DID NOT DESERVE.
How does this make sense about putting ** next to the 19-0? They were caught at the start of the season, so they clearly weren't cheating going foward, so their wins are legit. How would taping the Jets signals help them beat the Jags and Chargers in the playoffs or any other team they played this year?
Old 02-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #20
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
How does this make sense about putting ** next to the 19-0? They were caught at the start of the season, so they clearly weren't cheating going foward, so their wins are legit. How would taping the Jets signals help them beat the Jags and Chargers in the playoffs or any other team they played this year?
the jets game should be a loss. I'm not saying that they don't deserve to be in the superbowl, but they should have had a legitimate punishment that matches the action.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
the jets game should be a loss. I'm not saying that they don't deserve to be in the superbowl, but they should have had a legitimate punishment that matches the action.
Why would the Jets game be a loss? They blew that team out and the purpose of recording signals is for future use. It gave them no advantage during the actual game. You're suggesting they would have lost that game if there wasn't someone taping the signals for future reference? The game was that close to you that it actually mattered?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #22
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Why would the Jets game be a loss? They blew that team out and the purpose of recording signals is for future use. It gave them no advantage during the actual game. You're suggesting they would have lost that game if there wasn't someone taping the signals for future reference? The game was that close to you that it actually mattered?
it doesn't matter if the game was close or out of reach or whatever...it boggles my mind how things get so spun. Now you're saying basically "oh it wasn't a big deal and didn't matter anyway." well it was cheating and enough of a deal to warrent a punishment - but that punishment was not good enough for me and a lot of other NFL fans. On top of that, BB gets 'coach of the year' - how can that be when he cheated earlier in the season? Now when you go on NFL.com the pictures and articles make him seem like some kind of saint for PR purposes. BB is a disgusting person. eff him.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #23
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Once I was playing Monopoly and when no one else was looking, I snuck myself a $500 spot from the bank. I ended up winning anyway by a lot and it may not have mattered, so I didn't really cheat did I?
Old 02-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
it doesn't matter if the game was close or out of reach or whatever...it boggles my mind how things get so spun. Now you're saying basically "oh it wasn't a big deal and didn't matter anyway." well it was cheating and enough of a deal to warrent a punishment - but that punishment was not good enough for me and a lot of other NFL fans. On top of that, BB gets 'coach of the year' - how can that be when he cheated earlier in the season? Now when you go on NFL.com the pictures and articles make him seem like some kind of saint for PR purposes. BB is a disgusting person. eff him.
Ok. It's clear to me you don't understand what they actually even did, the purpose of taping signals, and the minimal affect they have on the outcome of a game. You just see the headline "PATS = CHEATERS!" and then overreact as if Belichick raped a family member.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »