Home

Browns a big contender now?

This is a discussion on Browns a big contender now? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Browns a big contender now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What do you call Jamal Lewis?
Dopeman, Dopeman!

Sorry, old N.W.A reference. I couldn't resist.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #26
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

They are going to win the superbowl. Thats what I have been thinking every year for the past 30 years at this time.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
They are going to win the superbowl. Thats what I have been thinking every year for the past 30 years at this time.
Then your brain must be fried from all the crack you've been smoking.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:08 AM   #28
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
They've certainly improved on paper. Lewis has to continue to play well despite his advanced age. Anderson has to prove to be better than a one hit wonder which is not easy. Braylon Edwards has to do the same. Etc. They've certainly improved on paper, but, without any early picks... they are in a unique spot where they already know what needs to click. Should be interesting.

Chudz offense + dominant O-Line + tons of receiving options = a healthy, productive, happy Jamaal Lewis. He said he didn't even consider any other teams because he loves his reduced role vs. being the Ravens' battering ram. He'll be fine..but Anderson still scares me. Don't know if he's legit or not, he put up some pretty putrid numbers in the second half. I still think DA is a product of the players around him. Either way, our offense and special teams are good to go. We got to 10 wins with one of the worst defenses in the league. Even a mediocre defense puts us in great position, I hope.

The young corners are a question mark, although a better pass rush will make them both alot better.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #29
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Chudz offense + dominant O-Line + tons of receiving options = a healthy, productive, happy Jamaal Lewis. He said he didn't even consider any other teams because he loves his reduced role vs. being the Ravens' battering ram. He'll be fine..but Anderson still scares me. Don't know if he's legit or not, he put up some pretty putrid numbers in the second half. I still think DA is a product of the players around him. Either way, our offense and special teams are good to go. We got to 10 wins with one of the worst defenses in the league. Even a mediocre defense puts us in great position, I hope.

The young corners are a question mark, although a better pass rush will make them both alot better.
I think I'm in line with all of your thinking. I'll add though that the Ravens and Bengals were A LOT worse than expected last year. In both cases, lots of injuries played a role in that. If either of those teams had been healthier last year the Browns could've easily been 8-8 or 7-9.

I'm not knocking the Browns, I just know how people look at records and then assume the record will be better with additions like all of the ones made. It's possible the Browns could finish next year 9-7 and still be much improved over last year. It's going to be VERY hard for even an improved Browns team to get past 10-6.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #30
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Just checkin' on a former NOLE...how's Kamerion Wimbley doin' for yall?
has he surprised the Dawg Nation?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Just checkin' on a former NOLE...how's Kamerion Wimbley doin' for yall?
has he surprised the Dawg Nation?
He was impressive as a rookie, but suffered from a sophomore slump last year. He drew a lot of double-teams because the d-line couldn't get any pressure. Hopefully, the new lineman will enable Kamerion to become a 15 sack monster this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #32
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
He was impressive as a rookie, but suffered from a sophomore slump last year. He drew a lot of double-teams because the d-line couldn't get any pressure. Hopefully, the new lineman will enable Kamerion to become a 15 sack monster this season.
I wouldn't say he suffered a slump last year, his sack numbers were down but thats because as you said teams were double teaming him every game and our DL was putrid and couldn't give the LBs anytime to get free and make plays.

Even with that though Wimbley still got in and pressured the QB a lot, just couldn't quite get the sacks due to the rest of the front 7 being only average, but I recall him being in on the QB quite often last year.

I look for a rebound in a big way this year, not sure if it'll be 15 sacks but atleast back to 11 or 12 like his rookie year due to the DL upgrades we made.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »