Home

Please Never Change Pacman.

This is a discussion on Please Never Change Pacman. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Please Never Change Pacman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Those are the only ones I can think of but lets say there were 3 other incidents of club violence by athletes? Now do you know how often athletes go to clubs? All the damn time.

Now there are 450 players in the NBA and lets say 200 of them are likely to go to a club (Thats a low number imo but lets go with that.) Now lets say that the 200 players go to a club once a month (another low number imo). That gives us a total of 2400 trips to a club in a year. Now even using the assumption that there were more incidents at clubs involving NBA players than the 2 Pacers incidents....there is a less than 1% chance that an NBA athlete will be involved in club violence.

Now if I told you that I would let you into the hottest club in the city for free, give you free drinks, introduce you to the hottest girls in the city and give you your own section in the club for privacy....but there is a less than 1% chance that you could be involved in a fight....would you decline the invite just because of the miniscule chance violence could erupt?

I know I wouldnt. Most people wouldnt imo. My point is just because Pacman or Jamaal Tinsley or DW were involved in incidents at clubs doesnt mean that athletes shouldnt go to clubs. It doesnt even mean that Pacman shouldnt go to clubs. It just means Pac should use better judgment when he goes to clubs.
I agree completely. Also, the post about the athletes involved with club violence was off the top of my head, and I was only bringing it up because I was curious.

I'm not comparing the two, but when I thought about it the idea of school shootings came into my mind. Again, I'm not comparing the two, but this is why I thought about it. Columbine happened in 1999. Before that, you didn't hear about school shootings. Didn't happen all that much, if at all. In the past 9 years, there have been an average of 1 injury or death in schools every two weeks.

It seemed to me at the time that in the last 10 years or so, there has been a spike in the violent acts committed by, or against, athletes, and it may just be becomes of the media coverage, but it seems that quite a few of the incidents happen in or outside clubs. I am probably wrong there, but I don't follow it very closely. I posted that because I would really like to know how many incidents with athletes there have been lately and I haven't had the time to do the research myself.

Before anybody decides to post something like "Yeah, you're wrong, you don't know what you're talking about", look up the information. I can accept being wrong, but there is an objective answer to the questions in my previous post.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #74
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

"MEET ME IN THE CLUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBB, IT'S GOING DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN"

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
People make it rain all the time at regular clubs and clothes stay on. Its more of a status thing like "I have so much money I can throw it away" then a Mardi Gras like "Take off your clothes and I'll toss this money to you"
Maybe I'm completely out of the loop on this one, but throwing money around PERIOD seems like a pretty bad idea and could open the door to a lot of bad situations. Seems like it could lead to fights and getting robbed. Why provoke someone to greed and envy because you want to? Again, I see it as a judgment thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #76
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

Its almost like people are living in two different America's at times. And the assumption that anything dealing with Hip Hop is negative, while other genres of music and clubs get a clean pass. I bet if you look at the numbers the its the same across the board. People go to clubs for many different reasons. BUt just because you attend a club or even a strip club doesn't make you an idiot or criminal. I haven't been in a club of any form in 10 years, but thats a personal choice, not because its illiegal. Can you imagine all the crap that would come out of corporate America if the workers were scrutinized to this degree?
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 03-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
Its almost like people are living in two different America's at times. And the assumption that anything dealing with Hip Hop is negative, while other genres of music and clubs get a clean pass. I bet if you look at the numbers the its the same across the board. People go to clubs for many different reasons. BUt just because you attend a club or even a strip club doesn't make you an idiot or criminal. I haven't been in a club of any form in 10 years, but thats a personal choice, not because its illiegal. Can you imagine all the crap that would come out of corporate America if the workers were scrutinized to this degree?
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I thought the issue was Pacman's decision making skills, which involve strip clubs, not solely strip clubs. If he went to strip clubs every day of the week and twice on Sundays no one would say anything. The reason there is a thread is because of what he has (allegedly) done in said clubs and his defiance of what the Comish says.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #78
Greatness

utexas's Arena

Going to clubs or parties isn't defying Goodell. But media would have you think so.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 03-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #79
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

if goodel suspended everyone who goes to "these types" clubs wed have a pretty empty league
Old 03-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
So basically, just like almost every other previous discussion point regarding Pacman Jones, people jumped the gun and the truth is he actually had nothing to do with this party.
Bingo. Funny how that happen so consistently and shows how the masses are so easily manipulated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »