Home

Best team for each franchise?

This is a discussion on Best team for each franchise? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #81
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Best team for each franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I just think they had more weapons. Chris would have not been denied. Also, they had no answer for Moss. LIke I said TD would have given them sone trouble.
More weapons? Denver was better at QB, RB, offensive line and TE.

Again, if you can't beat Atlanta at home, you aren't beating Denver in the Super Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #82
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Man that's a lovely avatar BK!

Er....back to topic. Um...Randall Cunningham was a helluva QB that year. It's a shame they didn't at least go to the SB. I'm convinced that if they went to the SB and perhaps win it he'd probably had retired then and there.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
More weapons? Denver was better at QB, RB, offensive line and TE.

Again, if you can't beat Atlanta at home, you aren't beating Denver in the Super Bowl.
Moss is all I have to say. Also, if they have played the Broncos they would have beat the Falcons. The Vikings had the better O line and how can you say they had the better RB. Smith was pretty damn good too. We were more explosive. The way the Broncos would have won the game was to keep the ball as long as they can. We could strike at any minute and having Moss would be the difference.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #84
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Moss is all I have to say. Also, if they have played the Broncos they would have beat the Falcons. The Vikings had the better O line and how can you say they had the better RB. Smith was pretty damn good too. We were more explosive. The way the Broncos would have won the game was to keep the ball as long as they can. We could strike at any minute and having Moss would be the difference.
I have no idea how you come up with the Vikes had the better oline, when many feel that Denver line was amongst the greatest ever. As I said, Denver was better at every position on offense, sans WR, and they had a pair of pro bowlers at WR in their own right.

But I guess the main difference between the two teams is Denver lived up to the hype while Minnesota didn't.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #85
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:

But I guess the main difference between the two teams is Denver lived up to the hype while Minnesota didn't.
I don't think we should really blame the players for that though. Denny Green coached like a scared man. The gameplan was a lot more conservative then their usual scheme and if that FG was made we wouldn't be talking about this.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #86
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I don't think we should really blame the players for that though. Denny Green coached like a scared man. The gameplan was a lot more conservative then their usual scheme and if that FG was made we wouldn't be talking about this.
If they were that great, they never should have needed the FG at the last minute to begin with. I watched the game, they didn't execute, and they allowed Atlanta to be in the game.

Championship caliber teams win these games, Minnesota wasn't a championship caliber team. After watching the 79-82 Chargers, I am an expert on this particular subject matter.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #87
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I would keep this Minnesota/Denver 98 debate going, but I can't type with that USC backside mocking me.

Want to touch the heiney.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #88
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:

Championship caliber teams win these games, Minnesota wasn't a championship caliber team. After watching the 79-82 Chargers, I am an expert on this particular subject matter.
You're probably right. In retrospect, they were the late 90s version of that particular team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »