Home

Bentley released by Browns

This is a discussion on Bentley released by Browns within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 35
Bentley released by Browns

Coming home to play for their team hasn't worked out for guys like Bentley and Charlie Frye. It's been ok for Joe Jurivicius, who is going to retire as a Brown after this year.

Browns release LeCharles Bentley

Browns center LeCharles Bentley has asked for his release from the Browns and it has been granted, his agent Jonathan Feinsod said this afternoon.

"LeCharles came back to Cleveland to be in integral part of the Cleveland Browns, his hometown team,'' said Feinsod. "Through no fault of the Browns at all, they didn't know if LeCharles was going to come back or not and they moved on with their plans.

"But this is not the same team LeCharles signed with. They have commitments to other players. LeCharles is not ready to be an insurance policy at this point.''

Feinsod stressed that Bentley "did great on his physical and I know the Browns were very impressed. It wasn't anything about his health. He just feels he was not going to play the kind of role here he plans to play in 2008.''

Bentley left the building with a suitcase shortly after noon and was picked up by his mother. He had no comment at that time

"LeCharles' mindset is great,'' said Feinsod. "He had a near-death experience because of a staph infection, and now he's completely healthy and ready to resume his All-Pro and Hall of Fame career.''

Feinsod said he has not started talking to other teams yet about Bentley, "but there's no doubt in my mind that he's going to play in 2008 and play at a high level.''

Bentley did say before he left the facility that he'd probably go back to Phoenix, where he has spent the bulk of the past two years rehabbing his surgically repaired left knee.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Bentley released by Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Browns release LeCharles Bentley
Old 06-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
From the sounds of it, he wanted to be handed the center position.

Screw him, fight for the job before the Browns hand it to you.

Paid him 16 Mil to rehab his knee...screw you LCB.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

He became very whiny over the last year, I get he wanted to play last year, but he didn't pass a physical.

I wish him the best, always liked him and was so excited when he signed here, just didn't work out.

I'd love to see him in an NFL uni this season, but I'm highly doubting he'll ever play again.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 06-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 55

I saw this coming from a mile away. Hopefully he'll catch on with a team that doesn't suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 35

He wasn't going to start at center. Fraley has been really solid and the line developed good chemistry with him in there. I think, at best, Bentley can only be a marginal starter. He's lost way too much in that knee to return to Pro Bowl form.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I saw this coming from a mile away. Hopefully he'll catch on with a team that doesn't suck.
Cleveland sucks? OK then

I do feel sorry for Bentley though. I believe the Browns are his hometown team. It would've been nice if he were able to take some snaps for them.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #8
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I dont think thats what he meant when he said that about catching on with a team. Just , he wisihes the best for him in the future.

I hope he doesnt go to the Stillers, the O line is there only real big weakness and he would be a good fit there. Hopefully they are out of cap room.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »