Home

So yea...Anybody Gonna Get A Prediction Thread Going For This Season

This is a discussion on So yea...Anybody Gonna Get A Prediction Thread Going For This Season within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #41
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: So yea...Anybody Gonna Get A Prediction Thread Going For This Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
My Bold Predictions For the Year! If I can go 50% with these I am content.

-The Detroit Lions will win the NFC North

-Jacksonville will finally emerge out of the AFC with its improved pass-rush.

-Sadly despite the hype the Cleveland Browns will not finish the season with a record above 8-8.

-Buffalo will make the playoffs.

-The Giants will not make the playoffs.

I'm thinking a Dallas/Jacksonville superbowl. Theres a good chance 2 weeks of Tony Romo/TO/Pacman Jones hype will make me blow my brains out.

The Loss of Samuel is gonna hurt the pats more then people expect, the colts lack of depth at WR and DE will be their downfall again. Theres no way I would ever bet on a Norv Turner coached team to make the superbowl despite SD's immense talent. Denver maybe a sleeper, however they struggle stopping the run which is usually a death sentence.

The NFC is terrible this this year, I can't stand the east coast grandstanding by ESPN. However, this year it will be warranted. Because other then Seattle and Minnesota you could argue that the NFC EAST has the top 4 teams in the conference.
Based on what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #42
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Based on what?
Based on My opinion. The packers are a complete wildcard to me because of a first year starter in Rodgers. I can't bet one way or the other.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #43
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Yeah I fixed it, I could see any of the 4 NFC EAST teams in the superbowl this year.
gotcha

Quote:
Based on My opinion. The packers are a complete wildcard to me because of a first year starter in Rodgers. I can't bet one way or the other.
I could agree with that to a certain extent. I don't think they'll finish as the top 4 teams in the NFC but I could see how any of them could be in the top 4. Outside of the Boys, I could see how any of the others could end up out of the top half too.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #44
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

I DON'T see how the Redskins could finish anywhere NEAR the TOP of the NFC like ya'll are saying they could. Especially when they are learning a COMPLETELY different Offense.

I DON'T see how Minnesota are one of the Top 4-6 TEAMS in the NFC.(I forgot everybody nominated them the Paper Champions of this offseason so that means they qualify as at LEAST a Top 4-6 team.

I DON'T see how Seattle are one of the Top 4-6 TEAMS in the NFC when they are one of the WORST ROAD teams in the league.

I'm not trying to get ya'll to change your opinions or because you're not picking the Packers(Could careless honestly)but everybody is basically talking as if we're an unproven team but yet teams like the Vikings are Super Bowl Contenders and other teams like the Seahawks and Lions and Redskins are Top teams in the Conference(not saying they are, not saying they aren't)

HOWEVER, that's why we play the games so you all MAY be right, you all may NOT be right.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #45
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
I DON'T see how the Redskins could finish anywhere NEAR the TOP of the NFC like ya'll are saying they could. Especially when they are learning a COMPLETELY different Offense.

I DON'T see how Minnesota are one of the Top 4-6 TEAMS in the NFC.(I forgot everybody nominated them the Paper Champions of this offseason so that means they qualify as at LEAST a Top 4-6 team.

I DON'T see how Seattle are one of the Top 4-6 TEAMS in the NFC when they are one of the WORST ROAD teams in the league.

I'm not trying to get ya'll to change your opinions or because you're not picking the Packers(Could careless honestly)but everybody is basically talking as if we're an unproven team but yet teams like the Vikings are Super Bowl Contenders and other teams like the Seahawks and Lions and Redskins are Top teams in the Conference(not saying they are, not saying they aren't)

HOWEVER, that's why we play the games so you all MAY be right, you all may NOT be right.
Seattle has a Vet qb and strong defense in a crap division.
Minnesota has its faith in Tav Jackson which much like the pack and Rogers is a complete toss up.

The Redskins should be much improved on defense, not to mention better on offense. They cant be any worse then last year, when they made the playoffs.

Maybe a team like the 49ers or Cardinals sneak in but I just dont see it.

One question with the pack - What happens if Ryan Grant goes down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #46
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

1. Yes Seattle has a vet Defense and a strong defense but it does your team no justice if your defense is only good for certain parts of the year and certain weather elements.

2.Oh ok so because Minnesota has its FAITH in Jackson, that alone makes them that much better than us.

3. It's easy to say the Redskins SHOULD be much better on offense, considering that it normally takes teams AT LEAST one season just even get familiar with running a WCC. And if their defense can play the way they did over the final 4 games of LAST season for a FULL season again, then they COULD suprise some people.

4. IF Grant goes down that COULD help carry the load(Since we're a RB by committee type team anyway)until he gets back. I mean we did go 6-1 in games in which he DIDN'T play and at least 3 of those games were NOT won because of the offense.

Again, I'm not trying to change yours or ANYBODY's opinion because....well it's YOUR opinion but a lot of folks are seriously underestimating our TEAM. Almost as much if not more than before last season.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #47
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
2.Oh ok so because Minnesota has its FAITH in Jackson, that alone makes them that much better than us.
I agree with you about minnesota, they are this years off season pick. AP has durability issues and there QB is unproven. I dont think they are lock for anything.

I think Detroit sneaks in and steals the division this year.

Who would you rather have

Kitna?
Jackson?
Rodgers?
Orton/Grossman?

I would bet on Kitna in that group
Old 07-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #48
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

I think the NFC North Division as whole has a chance to be 2nd or even 3rd Best Division in the League with all that talent, especially YOUNG talent up there. Will it? I doubt it but it has a good chance tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »