Home

Chad Johnson just being Chad Johnson..

This is a discussion on Chad Johnson just being Chad Johnson.. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #49
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Chad Johnson just being Chad Johnson..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
(If you we're being sarcastic about this then I apologize.
No I really am biased, but you should check out TJ. Less of a distraction too.

I guess I need to take myself out of all Chad Johnson discussions.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #50
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

TJ has a little bit of Chad in him as well. I know folks ain't forget that playoff game where he was on the sideline throwing a fit as well. Even a couple times last year he was doing it.

He may not be much of a distraction NOW, but when it's Week 10 and TJ still ain't got no new contract yet but hears Chad might get his deal reworked at the end of the season, then we'll hear from him too.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Didn't Moss admit that he smoked weed in the off season when he was in Oakland?(If not then my bad)

Not trying to compare that to what Chad did/doing but Moss ain't exactly have the "perfect" offseason either.
I thought that was between MIN and OAK but I honestly can't remember. His talk about taking off plays was definitely still MIN and I thought it was around the same time. Either way, Moss definitely has gone out of his way to be more humble since he was the center of the media circus. I don't really want Chad to "grow up" like that b/c as far as we know, he has no off field issues and plays as hard as he can on every play and in practice. But you know what I mean... a smart man would tone it down a bit right now.

As for TJ, that guy is a serious hot head. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about him in some sort of fight or, like you said, a verbal battle with management/QB/etc. If it happens, he won't handle it as tamely as Chad is. But in terms of talent, going into THIS year, I expect TJ to outperform Chad... just like he did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #52
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Yea I wasn't even gonna mention the taking off plays part because we ALL know that he ain't the only one that does it. He's just the first one to admit PUBLICLY.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #53
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah man, I'm a big fan of both Moss and CJ. Moss has been too honest in the past and CJ doesn't have a guage of when he can say some things and joke about others. I think in both cases, the media and public have gone way overboard in judging things with them but I compare them b/c Moss saw it and fixed the problem. I'd need a year or two of more proof but I think the same can be said for TO.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #54
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
I'd take TJ over Chad 10 times out of 10.

After this offseason I am not a big CJ fan. But the reason TJ got as many receptions and yards as he did was because every team focused on shutting down Chad. If TJ had to face the coverage that Chad has to face every snap, he wouldn't be putting up near the numbers he is now. I guess thats the kind of coverage you get when you lead the league in recieving yards the previous 3 years.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 08-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #55
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Receivers arguably better or as good as Chad Johnson:
Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Braylon Edwards.
With that said, his last year was definitely still a top 5 performance by wide receivers, he had the 3rd most yards, most first downs, and was top 10 in just about every other important stat at the wide receiver position. Sure, his team did not enjoy the success they expected, but you can't pin that all on Chad Johnson. You can talk about what a distraction he is, but don't try to downplay his in-game performance just because you don't like him.
NCAA: UNC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 9

chad ocho cinco is just being chad ocho cinco. i would put him at the top 3 as a receiver even on his down year because lets face it, this "bad year" is one of the greatest bad years a receiver could get. i see him next season putting up top 3 receiver stats as well.(you know, kinda like hes been doing almost his whole entire career)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's become my favorite feature. Although I do miss reading vickhalloffame's posts for his "insight" on the way the world works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »