Home

Jaguars/Titans

This is a discussion on Jaguars/Titans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #57
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Jaguars/Titans

This was something that was noticed last season also, when VY missed the game in Houston. Many people nitced that VY appeared to be sulking during the game, and generally distant from his teammates. VY spent most of the game waving at people in the crowd, not paying attention to the game, and seemed disinterested.

Here's a pic of it....

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/08/v...s-knee-injury/
Old 09-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #58
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Anyone else notice Matt Jones played!?!?

I was part of that huge thread a few weeks ago where we were all arguing over his drug abuse, nfl potential etc.

So I flip over to the Jags/Titans game yesterday, and the moment I go to the game, Jones catches a 10 yard stop route and I was like "what!?!?" ...I thought it was official that they cut him and everyone was happy about it.

Now that's the only pass I saw him catch, but he got 6 balls for 80 yards to lead recievers. I did see an int go his way, but after replay it was not his fault at all, just great defending, and he tackled the dude right away.

Does this mean he has another chance to assert himself?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #59
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere

I was part of that huge thread a few weeks ago where we were all arguing over his drug abuse, nfl potential etc.

So I flip over to the Jags/Titans game yesterday, and the moment I go to the game, Jones catches a 10 yard stop route and I was like "what!?!?" ...I thought it was official that they cut him and everyone was happy about it.

Now that's the only pass I saw him catch, but he got 6 balls for 80 yards to lead recievers. I did see an int go his way, but after replay it was not his fault at all, just great defending, and he tackled the dude right away.

Vic over at Jags.com, said that after the arrest he played better during training camp and the preseason games. His poor play before that was expected to get him cut, so the arrest may have sparked him to actually care for a change.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The thing is, going off Vince's pouting and attitude when he throws an INT, i.e. stub shy away from being "f*** this game, I'm not going back out there" it seems, I doubt he could handle being benched. The guy has V.YOUNG tattooed on his back like a jersey for god sake, it would be effectively like benching Michael Jordan in his prime minus the huge negative impact on the team's production. Basically, I can't see Young handling a Matt Leinart situation at all, I think that would only make matters much worse with him.
Yeah, it's a catch 22 situation of course. In a horrible way, the injury may be the best thing that could've happened right now. If Collins does well and they decide to keep him parked and he can't handle it then he needs to be shipped the hell out of town. This isn't college anymore. Even if he becomes the best QB ever he's still part of a team and needs to act like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere

Yeah I heard he really stepped up his motivation and work habits after the arrest and it looks like it just keeps paying off. All the injuries at WR have helped too but good that he got another chance and even better that he's deciding to do something with it.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #61
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Statement from Titans regarding Vince Young

“Last night, we received a call from people that are closest to Vince informing us that he had left his house in a state of mind that had them concerned; and that he was unreachable, having left his cell phone at the house. Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince. He was located at a friend’s house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident.”
http://www.titansonline.com/news/tit...php?PRKey=6034

Weird.

Edit: more info:

Quote:
MORE DETAILS ON YOUNG SITUATION

Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2008, 11:28 a.m. EDT

Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper has additional details regarding last night’s strange events involving Titans quarterback Vince Young.

Per McCormick, “[f]riends and associates” of Young called coach Jeff Fisher regarding Young’s emotional state, and Fisher called police at 7:00 p.m. local time.

He was located four hours later and met with Fisher at the team’s headquarters. Per WKRN-TV, police were present for the meeting as well.

“Given the totality of the circumstances, a bulletin was issued to all on-duty officers to be on the lookout for Young’s vehicle,” Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said. “Police negotiators were also placed on stand-by not knowing what his emotional status was.”

Aaron also acknowledged that “Young had been emotionally [sic] all day when he abruptly left his Williamson County home without his cellphone and sped away.”

We’re still confused as to why police negotiators would have been notified based merely on the fact that Young was missing, and this fact lends credence to rumors that some sort of incident occurred, possibly at the team’s facility.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ung-situation/

Last edited by Brandon13; 09-09-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #62
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
We’re still confused as to why police negotiators would have been notified based merely on the fact that Young was missing, and this fact lends credence to rumors that some sort of incident occurred, possibly at the team’s facility.
If family and friends are worried about his mental state they should automatically get prepared for the chance that he's suicidal.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I just watched this game in it's entirety.

From a VY perspective, he played poorly. There's no way shape or form you can spin his performance as being the fault of his oline, his WR's or the run game. He simply didn't not throw the ball well, made poor decisions and missed guys that were in the clear. That first INT was one of the worst you will ever see, and even on his TD pass the throw was low and behind Johnson. The RB just made a great play on the ball. It's time for him to start improving soon. The Titans didn't convert a 3rd down until early in the 4th quarter.

I love the Titans RB's. Johnson is quite simply electric. What a playmaker. He singlehandedly kept their offense from losing this game. White gives them a banger after teams are tired from chasing Johnson all over the field. Really gives them a dynamic capability on offense having those two.

Titans defense really won this game. It's so hard to run on them because they get so much penetration that it really wreaks havoc with the blocking scheme and their LB's flow downhill to the ball so well. Factor in they really are a good tackling team, and they''re going to be a tough matchup for people. I did see some signs of them tiring down the stretch which was a problem for them down the stretch last year if memory serves.

A Matt Jones sighting, who would have thought?

Chris Carr does not look like the same returner he was in Oakland.

the kid returning kicks for Jacksonville was incredible. Where did he come from?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
the kid returning kicks for Jacksonville was incredible. Where did he come from?
Its Witherspoon, can't remember what school, but he was an undrafted FA signing who made the team because he runs a 4.2 or 4.3 and is great in the return game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »