Home

Seahawks @ Bills

This is a discussion on Seahawks @ Bills within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #33
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Seahawks @ Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And McNabb is throwing to Hank Baskett and Greg Lewis.

Just saying..never bought into the hype.
That's fine. Even when healthy I don't think their offense is good enough to take them deep into the playoffs. However, I'm not going to write them off cause of one game...especially considering how traditionally slow Holmgren's offenses start the season.

BTW...Baskett and Lewis have 30 times more career receptions than the entire set of healthy Seahawks receivers. Hasselbeck literally has nothing to throw to.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #34
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

How did Pozlusny and Whitner look? My two Favorite Bills' Players that's why I'm asking.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 13

The Seahawks suck. Okay, they don't suck, but they are a very average team and with their top 3 wide outs injured they will have a tough time beating any team. The offensive line can't get any push up front, so they can't run the ball. The defense can't get any pressure from the front 4, they have to blitz, but they kept getting beaten because their cornerback's and safeties are average at best. Hasselbeck is still the man, and one of the best QB's in the league but he has no time in the pocket and all his wide receivers (outside of the top 3) are inexperienced in the offense and can't catch. Josh Brown is gone. Plack kicked terrible today. They got burned on a trick play. Overall, they have a decent defense but they can't run the ball or pass and their special teams are poor.

Fortunately, they still have a huge home field advantage and play in a crappy division so they have a good chance of making it to the playoffs if they get Engram and Branch back. But it's annoying that they didn't address the offensive line enough or the WR spot. They got beat pretty good today, like I expected, and I'm just not seeing enough talent on the O-line to make a push this year for a superbowl. Waste of another year of Hasselbeck's career and Holmgren's last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
They got smacked by the damn Bills. And this is after all the big talking some Seahawk fans were doing and saying Hasselbeck is a top 5 QB and junk.

Never bought into.
Hasselbeck is one of the better quarterback's in the league, if he's top 5 that's not much of a compliment... there aren't that many good quarterback's out there. But like others are saying, he has almost nothing to work with right now... Brady, Manning etc would've looked like hell behind that line with those receivers.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #37
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug00
That's fine. Even when healthy I don't think their offense is good enough to take them deep into the playoffs. However, I'm not going to write them off cause of one game...especially considering how traditionally slow Holmgren's offenses start the season.

BTW...Baskett and Lewis have 30 times more career receptions than the entire set of healthy Seahawks receivers. Hasselbeck literally has nothing to throw to.
Baskett and Lewis are nobodies that shouldn't be big parts of an offense.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #38
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by keRplunK
Hasselbeck is one of the better quarterback's in the league, if he's top 5 that's not much of a compliment... there aren't that many good quarterback's out there. But like others are saying, he has almost nothing to work with right now... Brady, Manning etc would've looked like hell behind that line with those receivers.
I never said he wasn't one of the better QBs in the league. He obviously is.

Top 5? Nowhere near it.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Baskett and Lewis are nobodies that shouldn't be big parts of an offense.
Neither are Courtney Taylor, Logan Payne, or Jordan Kent.

Hasselbeck was 17/41 with 1 TD and 1 INT, which is pretty good considering the amount of pressure he was under all game, the fact the run game didn't scare the Bills at all, and the fact that his recievers dropped a ridiculous number of passes (at least 5 between Courtney Taylor and Jeb Putzier alone).

There aren't that many QBs that I'd put above him. I don't really understand how he can't be "one of the better QBs in the league" but "nowhere near top 5" at the same time. If "better QBs in the league" constitutes top 25%, that would make him in the top 8, which is pretty close to top 5. As far as NFC QBs, I think you could make a case for him over any of them - Hasselbeck, Brees, McNabb, Garcia, and Romo are all pretty comparable if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keRplunK
The Seahawks suck. Okay, they don't suck, but they are a very average team and with their top 3 wide outs injured they will have a tough time beating any team. The offensive line can't get any push up front, so they can't run the ball. The defense can't get any pressure from the front 4, they have to blitz, but they kept getting beaten because their cornerback's and safeties are average at best. Hasselbeck is still the man, and one of the best QB's in the league but he has no time in the pocket and all his wide receivers (outside of the top 3) are inexperienced in the offense and can't catch. Josh Brown is gone. Plack kicked terrible today. They got burned on a trick play. Overall, they have a decent defense but they can't run the ball or pass and their special teams are poor.

Fortunately, they still have a huge home field advantage and play in a crappy division so they have a good chance of making it to the playoffs if they get Engram and Branch back. But it's annoying that they didn't address the offensive line enough or the WR spot. They got beat pretty good today, like I expected, and I'm just not seeing enough talent on the O-line to make a push this year for a superbowl. Waste of another year of Hasselbeck's career and Holmgren's last year.
You're embarrassing. I guess you don't remember getting roughed up by the Jags back in 05 for the season opener? And I guess Mike Wahle and Mike Solari don't count as "addressing the o-line". No one could have forseen the injuries to Engram, Burleson (which is minor from what I've heard), and Obomanu. And by the time they happened, its too late to bring in a veteran receiver anyways (while keeping in mind that the best free agent receiver available is a 36 year old who's numbers have been steadily declining for years). The Giants looked pretty terrible for the first couple weeks last year too, but giving up on the season after just one game is pretty pathetic.

Last edited by Mauler34; 09-07-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #40
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I never said he wasn't one of the better QBs in the league. He obviously is.

Top 5? Nowhere near it.
How can you "obviously" be one of the better QB's but "nowhere near" the top 5?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »