Home

Nice move by Romo

This is a discussion on Nice move by Romo within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Nice move by Romo

If a Cowboy fan/player/ect tried to help me I'd tell them to piss off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 04:57 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Nice move by Romo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

He's not your typical superstar athlete. His attitude towards his own fame is sorta like how mine would be...it's almost like a feeling of disbelief that he is where he is, a feeling of gratefulness, but also a feeling that he knows he's still a regular human being just like everyone else.

My Tony Romo man crush has officially begun...
Yeah...okay....have you had any fame in your life? Have you had the positive and negative assumptions about your personal character on the basis of one action?

Do you think Mr. Romo might be playing up this "aw shucks" type of attitude because it is profitable and marketable? Don't you think that just maybe certain players know exactly how to present themselves to gain favor with certain types of people. There is always talk about street cred, this is the old small town cred (which has a far higher dollar ceiling).

I love to hear these stories but for some reason people take these stories as something of an absolution of what is the overall view of the NFL. Ah geez there are still some good guys. But the problem is all these other types of people tend to look at professional athletes in a certain way....

Fact is a lot of these pro athletes come from nothing and when they make it they take care of a lot of people. People the rest of society runs away from....or at least builds there houses as far away as them as they can.

Thanks for being a good human Mr. Romo, I hope all people would stop and help someone like this. I know I have and I have had others stop for me. Good feelings all around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »