Home

49ers @ Seahawks

This is a discussion on 49ers @ Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 49ers @ Seahawks

wow, its going to be a long year in seattle. The defence can't come up big when it counts, receivers are terrible. I can't believe we lost to an awful team like the 9ers. Although the PI call in the endzone and the holding call before the pick 6 were blown calls.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #34

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Nice to see them win one, I know the Seahawk fans will use every excuse they can think of but in the end we won and we nearly gave the game away in the process. O'Sullivan looked decent today but Im getting really tired of watching him dance around trying to make a play in the pocket and then getting sacked and killing one drive after another, he needs to learn to throw the ball away when its not there or run because if he keeps killing drives by eating sack after sack then we are going to have to play perfect in nearly all other facets of the game to win. Nice victory, 1-1 with a game against Detroit next week so we could easily be 2-1.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Nice to see them win one, I know the Seahawk fans will use every excuse they can think of but in the end we won and we nearly gave the game away in the process. O'Sullivan looked decent today but Im getting really tired of watching him dance around trying to make a play in the pocket and then getting sacked and killing one drive after another, he needs to learn to throw the ball away when its not there or run because if he keeps killing drives by eating sack after sack then we are going to have to play perfect in nearly all other facets of the game to win. Nice victory, 1-1 with a game against Detroit next week so we could easily be 2-1.
He's greedy at times or has more faith in the WRs getting open after the protection breaks down than he should have.

I think maybe that's because of the preseason game at Chicago where he improvised outside the pocket a couple of times for big plays.

That and Martz has routes which the 49ers haven't seen in a long, long time, like a 20-yard square-in, which requires more time to develop.

But he appears to be the playmaker the 49ers haven't had since maybe a few games by Rattay and certainly Garcia in his prime.

That pass to Bruce in OT against the full-house blitz, can anyone imagine Smith making that throw? He probably would have panicked and dropped down or force an inaccurate throw.

Or at the line on 3rd and about 3, he sees a slot WR uncovered (Johnson or Battle, I think) and just dumps it to him quick for first down.

He's displayed some savvy and accuracy and command of the offense. It ticks me off that he has to tell VD and Bajema constantly which side to line up when they're at the LOS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Nice to see them win one, I know the Seahawk fans will use every excuse
Yeah I guess if facts are considered excuses, like the fact that they are missing their top 6 wide receivers.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keRplunK
Yeah I guess if facts are considered excuses, like the fact that they are missing their top 6 wide receivers.
I'd like to see how any team in the NFL would do while missing their top 4 recievers, their #6 receiver, the entire right side of the o-line, the starting running back, plus factor in that the center missed all of preseason, the quarterback is playing through a bad back, and the top corner and linebacker are playing with broken bones in their hands. Not to mention the backup quarterback who was supposed to see time at receiver and as a punt returner also got hurt during warmups.

Seattle will bounce back though - the Rams next week at home should give them their first win of the season, and with Morris, Locklear, Engram and Branch returning for week 5 (week 4 is the bye), they should be looking quite a bit better on offense. Defensively, the secondary needs to step it the **** up, plain and simple.

Good quality win for the 9ers though - O'Sullivan was very impressive, despite getting sacked 8 times. If he continues to get hit like that though, he will not last the season, so the line definitely needs to step up. San Fran's D looked pretty much as I expected them to against the Seahawks offense.

This game may have effectively broken the NFC West wide open - Seattle will have to get healthy quick in order to stay in contention, while the 9ers could contend if they can protect O'Sullivan better, and the Cardinals are in the driver's seat at 2-0. If Seattle bounces back, they should still be able to manage about 9 or 10 wins and a playoff berth, but if they continue to get hit hard by injuries, it will be very hard to get there. Its a long season though, and its worth noting that exactly one year ago, the Giants were 0-2 and the 49ers were 2-0. San Diego, Jacksonville and Minnesota are also struggling early, while Carolina, Tennessee and Denver are looking surprisingly good. We'll see how things look in a couple months.

Last edited by Mauler34; 09-14-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Wow he was sacked 8 times? DAMN! I saw Nedny missed the FG to send it to OT, glad the Niners pulled it out.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #39
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by keRplunK
Doesn't matter if the defense can't stop anybody in crucial situations.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #40
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Nice to see them win one, I know the Seahawk fans will use every excuse they can think of but in the end we won and we nearly gave the game away in the process.
Extremely weak. -1

Neither team wanted to the win the game today and gave the other what seemed like endless opportunities in today's Turd Bowl. 49ers won, period.

BTW...Pro and BCS football teams in the state of Washington... 0-8!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »