Home

49ers @ Seahawks

This is a discussion on 49ers @ Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #49
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 49ers @ Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
First off, out of those 6 3-4 of them arent even good WR's, I know its apparently the popular thing to play the victim card but acting like losing Logan Payne for the season is a huge loss is a joke within itself. Secondly, I know Kent was signed to the practice squad but he is a better WR then the great Logan Payne, I sure hope you guys can overcome such a devestating loss.
You're right...they aren't very good. That's why they are 4th, 5th, 6th WR's. But that doesn't mean that they don't know the system, have played in it for a couple years and know where they need to be at all times out on the field. You can't expect to just throw in some random WR's and expect them to adapt to the offense in a matter of days. And losing Payne was a big blow, especially since he's one of the last ones we have left. You do realize we have THREE WIDE RECEIVERS TOTAL on our team right now right (and that's after signing two this week)?

I'm glad you think Kent is a better WR, I'll give you Mike Holmgren's number so you can give him some coaching tips.

Quote:
The Seahawks were a great team that relied on Shaun Alexander when they were running the table, they arent that team anymore and I dont get what this has to do with the argument. Winning 4 straight NFC West titles isnt that impressive when the other three teams were nowhere near competitive for most of that stretch anyways.
I almost stopped reading when you said "relied on Shaun Alexander." He was pretty good at one point, but that was more a product of the system and the players around him. We sure did rely on him last year when we were a game away from the NFC Championship didn't we?! Did you even watch any games last year?

This is an excerpt taken from an ESPN article awhile ago that perfectly describes his game...

"As a longtime, die-hard 'Hawks fan, I'm telling you, the problem is Shaun Alexander. Think about how important RBs have been to 'pure' West Coast offenses -- ideally, they block, catch passes and get gritty yards. Shaun does none of those things, and you can't use the broken hand as an excuse because he's been this way since Day 1. He can't catch, won't block and (watch this one closely next time you watch them play) if he doesn't smell a huge gain, he turns south and sits down. Literally, he tries backing into the defenders and then just takes a squat. It's pitiful. Any real Hawks fan will tell you that Shaun's big year in 2005 was nothing more than the product of Jones, Hutchinson and Strong blocking, as well as Hasselbeck making smart audibles."

Quote:
Since when did I downplay the team?
When you said "as if they're such a great team," "the Seahawks got a lot of breaks", and calling the WR problem "minor." Besides its not just affecting the offense...when we have our #1 punt returner along with other key special teamers gone, it kinda takes the steam out of special teams coverage as well.

Quote:
I cant wait to see this team with that vaunted offense of Bobby Engram-Deion Branch on the outside with Maurice Morris running the ball, that might be good enough to win the NFC West thanks to it being a weak division but if they do make the playoffs its one and done for them.
Same group we had last year that won a playoff game...

Last edited by WazzuRC; 09-15-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:24 AM   #50
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Arizona is going to win this division.

Thw weapons they have on offense are extremly dangerous.

Larry Fitz and Anquan Bolding each with 150 yards today is scary.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 AM   #51
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

I agree about them being dangerous. The only thing is that every year its "THE" Cardinals year and every year they disappoint. Whisenhunt is a great coach though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 01:36 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey the 9ers are a good team with some questionable coaching and some very bad ownership. I had them pegged as a wild card team last year but they imploded and I don't think anyone forsaw O'Sullivan developing into a legit QB. He'll need much better protection if he is going to be that though.

This year I picked the Seahawks as division winners and the Cardinals as wild card contenders, but the way Seattle's season is starting out, it might be the other way around with the 9ers in the mix as well. Seattle is really hurting right now to the point where its gotten kinda ridiculous (seriously, what team ever has had 4 recievers go down, 3 with season-ending injuries, in the span of about 3 weeks, plus were missing their top receiver already, as well as numerous other players? the Seahawks now have 9 players on IR, 5 more than the next most team in the divison, tied with Jacksonville for most in the NFL) but they're still a quality team with a very high quality coach.

Its a long season though and we'll see what happens - the Chargers, Vikings, and Jaguars are also 0-2, as were the Giants this time last year, and there's at least a couple of teams that started out 2-0 and ended up south of .500 last year as well, so like I said, its a long season. Most of my friends here in the Bay Area are 9er fans, so I've heard plenty of it already, but it was a quality win for San Francisco. I don't ever recall seeing a Quarterback take 8 sacks and yet passing for over 320 yards and touchdown, and walking off the field a winner. We'll see where these teams are in a couple of weeks, and of course the rematch is week 8. I'm out.

Last edited by Mauler34; 09-15-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:41 AM   #53

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Sure thing Wazzau. when the Hawks got to the Super Bowl that was riding on the back of Alexander, end of story. I didnt say they relied on Alexander last year, but last year the NFC was considered a rather weak conference, who can deny that?

So, I guess that since Holmgren thinks Logan Payne is better then Kent that he cant possibly be incorrect can he? Its called a opinion, and imo, Kent is a better receiver then Payne, that has nothing to do with thinking Im a better coach then Holmgren, sometimes I wonder if you read the crap you type on here.

Quote:
When you said "as if they're such a great team," "the Seahawks got a lot of breaks", and calling the WR problem "minor."
I meant every word of that and if you want to deny that then go ahead but it shows you are a huge homer if you think anything about what I said above is wrong. The Hawks had a punt blocked that bounced right to them so they could convert that into a first down, how often does that happen? They recover a fumble and then fumble again only to recover it again and return it for a TD, I would say that was a break that fell their way. Breaks happen all the time, the Niners got them as well.

Quote:
Same group we had last year that won a playoff game...
Then I guess you better hope they get another Todd Collins led team at home. The Redskins got hot at the right time, squeaked into the playoffs and were exposed once they came down from that high. What happened the next week in the playoffs when they played a team from the upper class of the NFC last year? 42-20 I think it was. Seahawks werent a terrible team but to act like winning the NFC West with literally zero competition isnt going to support your argument, imo.

2007/08 Seattle 10-6 (5-1 vs NFC West, 5-5 vs Rest of NFL)
2006/07 Seattle 9-7 (3-3 vs NFC West, 6-4 vs Rest of NFL)
2005/06 Seattle 13-3 (6-0 vs NFC West, 7-3 vs Rest of NFL) -Year Alexander ran for 1800+ yards with 27 TD's-

Not a terrible team but I guess my take on their success isnt the same as yours.

Last edited by The Chef; 09-15-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:46 AM   #54

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:

Yeah, I think things are different this year. In the past it was Leinarts job to lose at the start of the season, this year Warner is already starting. Last year Boldin was dinged up for the entire season for the most part wasnt he? If Edge can keep those legs young and they can keep Warner upright I think this team can win this division, but thats a lot of "ifs", especially with Warners injury history.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:47 AM   #55
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Warner has looked terrific so far.

Similar to his GSOT days with the Rams.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

ehh we were head to head with Arizona week 1. they honestly dont scare me. i mean they did play the dolphins...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »