Home

Carson Palmer - most overrated player in the NFL.

This is a discussion on Carson Palmer - most overrated player in the NFL. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:58 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Carson Palmer - most overrated player in the NFL.

There are 5 guys that make QB's look good. Every QB in the league can look pretty damn good when they have an offensive line that protects them.

Offensive line play is the single biggest factor in a teams passing offense....drives me crazy people don't understand this. The bengals have the worst running game in the league and an offensive line that can't protect Palmer.

Palmer obviously has regressed a bit since the knee injury but the whole Bengals offense is a lot different now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
There are 5 guys that make QB's look good. Every QB in the league can look pretty damn good when they have an offensive line that protects them.

Offensive line play is the single biggest factor in a teams passing offense....drives me crazy people don't understand this. The bengals have the worst running game in the league and an offensive line that can't protect Palmer.

Palmer obviously has regressed a bit since the knee injury but the whole Bengals offense is a lot different now.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #43
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke

Agree 100%. Colts and Jaguars have also had some line issues, and you can see how it has affected Manning and Garrard.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 9

I see what your saying. I was wondering why Tavaris Jackson was benched. It's his Oline right? Jackson is a perfectly servicable NFL QB, and the Vikings have it all wrong. What they should be doing is improving the Oline, not replacing Jackson, right?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #45
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I wonder if the same people saying CP is overrated would say the same about Peyton or Garrard or Hasselbeck since their teams are 0-2....

Like I said earlier, it's very easy to say "so and so" is overrated RIGHT NOW when their teams are 0-2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #46
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
I see what your saying. I was wondering why Tavaris Jackson was benched. It's his Oline right? Jackson is a perfectly servicable NFL QB, and the Vikings have it all wrong. What they should be doing is improving the Oline, not replacing Jackson, right?
The Vikings have arguably the best offensive line in football.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #47
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
The difference being Carson Palmer has had excellent seasons (2 4000+yd seasons) and Tavaris...well, yeah.

My Blog
Old 09-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #48
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

anyone who thinks Palmer is overrated is just being delusional. I'm a Bengals fan and I want Palmer to be my QB until he's 40 or his arm falls off.

And lol at people saying Palmer gets a pass from the media. Remember when he went on the radio and said how much he hated Ohio State and its fans? He got massacred for saying that so much so that he had to issue and apologetic statement the next day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »