Home

Jay Cutler

This is a discussion on Jay Cutler within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #9

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Jay Cutler

With Brady being out of the equation I dont see how Cutler isnt a damn near lock for the Pro Bowl, who else is there in the AFC besides Peyton? Palmer is looking awful, Gerrard isnt the same without the same running game to support him, Anderson has looked average at best. IMO, it comes down to Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler, Brett Favre (which I dont think will make it but has a legit shot), Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. If I had to pick 3 right now I go Cutler, Manning and Rivers.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #10
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
That was his first pick. And it was well into throwing 50 passes.
It was still a WTF throw. But you can totally tell that the diabetes affected him hardcore last year. He still did okay but he just seems way better this year. Granted its only week 2 but with the small sample size he is well on his way to being one of the elite QB's in this league. Finally Bronco fans came stop dreaming about Elway as it seems like you've found your QB for years to come.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:25 AM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Agreed, although even with a small sample size, Id say he's top 10 now. If you look at his passer rating last year, its not like he was horrible. And this year he has been lights out.
Then Phillip Rivers would be a Top 10 QB as well. His passer rating is actually higher than Cutler's. He's got the same TD to INT ratio as Cutler (6-1) and Rivers INT really wasn't an INT. Even with all that, I am not ready to annoit Rivers as a Top 10 QB just yet, just as I am not ready to annoit Cutler as a Top 10 QB just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 02:06 AM   #12
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

In your opinion, who would you say is better than him right now?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #13
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
With Brady being out of the equation I dont see how Cutler isnt a damn near lock for the Pro Bowl, who else is there in the AFC besides Peyton? Palmer is looking awful, Gerrard isnt the same without the same running game to support him, Anderson has looked average at best. IMO, it comes down to Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler, Brett Favre (which I dont think will make it but has a legit shot), Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. If I had to pick 3 right now I go Cutler, Manning and Rivers.
Well, the question was starter so while I do think he will make the pro bowl roster, I don't know if we can say that he'll start the game. One out of the group of Manning (perennial performer), Roethlisberger (Highest QB rating thus far), Cutler (3rd highest QB rating in the AFC thus far), or Rivers (2nd highest QB rating in the AFC thus far) will probably start for the AFC, based on what we've seen this season so far. But the season is still extremely young, in 4 weeks from now we could be raving about Trent Edwards, Matt Cassel, Joe Flacco, etc.
NCAA: UNC
Old 09-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbase22
Well, the question was starter so while I do think he will make the pro bowl roster, I don't know if we can say that he'll start the game. One out of the group of Manning (perennial performer), Roethlisberger (Highest QB rating thus far), Cutler (3rd highest QB rating in the AFC thus far), or Rivers (2nd highest QB rating in the AFC thus far) will probably start for the AFC, based on what we've seen this season so far. But the season is still extremely young, in 4 weeks from now we could be raving about Trent Edwards, Matt Cassel, Joe Flacco, etc.
Yeah I think that you bring up some good points. It is early in the season but its fun to take an educated guess at it. Let me give my two cents. Manning will be in the discussion because he is Peyton Manning and although he is hampered by injuries of his own and on his offensive line with Saturday being hurt he will still put up good numbers and will make the Pro Bowl in my opinion. Roesthlisberger is the dark horse here, personally I think Cutler has better ability as far as arm strength but Big Ben is gritty I like that he is a true football player. Rivers might be in trouble with LT slowing down with his own problems defenses will adjust and focus more on stopping him, Gates is also having injury bugs so Rivers might drop off a little no pro bowl for Rivers. Edwards is good enough to get the job done but not exceptional in my opinion. Favre is not going to have a great season in my opinion and Matt Cassel will be coached to just make the easy safe pass.

Down to Manning, Big Ben and Cutler for me. As far as starter I guess the season will have to fully play itself out but with Marshall, Royal and the TE combo in Denver and Stokley in the slot Cutler might be this year's Pro Bowl starter for the AFC.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:33 AM   #15
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Pretty much agree with everything you said.
NCAA: UNC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 03:47 AM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinemind
Yeah I think that you bring up some good points. It is early in the season but its fun to take an educated guess at it. Let me give my two cents. Manning will be in the discussion because he is Peyton Manning and although he is hampered by injuries of his own and on his offensive line with Saturday being hurt he will still put up good numbers and will make the Pro Bowl in my opinion. Roesthlisberger is the dark horse here, personally I think Cutler has better ability as far as arm strength but Big Ben is gritty I like that he is a true football player. Rivers might be in trouble with LT slowing down with his own problems defenses will adjust and focus more on stopping him, Gates is also having injury bugs so Rivers might drop off a little no pro bowl for Rivers. Edwards is good enough to get the job done but not exceptional in my opinion. Favre is not going to have a great season in my opinion and Matt Cassel will be coached to just make the easy safe pass.

Down to Manning, Big Ben and Cutler for me. As far as starter I guess the season will have to fully play itself out but with Marshall, Royal and the TE combo in Denver and Stokley in the slot Cutler might be this year's Pro Bowl starter for the AFC.
So wait, you've already got Cutler starting the Pro Bowl, but Rivers is already eliminated?

Rivers and Cutler are both very young and each have 14 games left to play. It's a little premature to pencil one in or eliminate the other.

Last edited by bkrich83; 09-18-2008 at 03:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »