Home

Titans vs. Vikings

This is a discussion on Titans vs. Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #9
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Titans vs. Vikings

GL to the vikings. Dont think this one will be that close. AP cant win the game by himself. i see it 20-10 Titans
Old 09-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

No, but his defense can. They did it plenty of times last year (see Giants game).
Old 09-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
GL to the vikings. Dont think this one will be that close. AP cant win the game by himself. i see it 20-10 Titans
Who exactly is on the Titans offense that makes one not say "Chris Johnson/White can't win the game by himself"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #12
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Who exactly is on the Titans offense that makes one not say "Chris Johnson/White can't win the game by himself"?

well, besides the fact that there are 2 of them? and 1 AP? I mean what do the Vikings bring to the table? I dont really even know anyone else on the Vikings. Everyone is acting like the Vikings are some great team, In my opinion they arent, they just have a beast of a RB named adrian petersen and he cant win the game by himself. Its like alot of people are saying thisone will be close AP is playing yada yada, I dont agree with it, the Vikings will need alot more than AP to beat the Titans.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
well, besides the fact that there are 2 of them? and 1 AP? I mean what do the Vikings bring to the table? I dont really even know anyone else on the Vikings. Everyone is acting like the Vikings are some great team, In my opinion they arent, they just have a beast of a RB named adrian petersen and he cant win the game by himself. Its like alot of people are saying thisone will be close AP is playing yada yada, I dont agree with it, the Vikings will need alot more than AP to beat the Titans.
You don't know anyone else on the team... that's really an issue in a debate, isn't it?

BTW, before there was Johnson and White there was Taylor and Peterson. I'd still take both of them over what the Titans have (though Johnson is making a good case to be better than Taylor so far). Plus the Vikings have the best run blocking line in the NFL which gives their 1-2 punch another notch over what the Titans bring to the table.

Truth is, the Titans are basically a mirror image of the Vikings.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #14
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You don't know anyone else on the team... that's really an issue in a debate, isn't it?

BTW, before there was Johnson and White there was Taylor and Peterson. I'd still take both of them over what the Titans have (though Johnson is making a good case to be better than Taylor so far). Plus the Vikings have the best run blocking line in the NFL which gives their 1-2 punch another notch over what the Titans bring to the table.

Truth is, the Titans are basically a mirror image of the Vikings.

well AP and virtually any NFL running back is a step above johnson and white truthfully. I just dont see where, other than AP, the vikings have an advantage. I mean even taking it down to the QB and receivers, while the Titans have a horrible receiving corps, i still give them the advantage based off with the viking have done so far. given I drink the titans cool aide, thats obvious, but even looking at it from the outside, i dont see the Vikings coming to Nashville and beating the titans and I dont even see it being "down to the wire".
Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

I just gave you Chester Taylor... guess that doesn't count. He was a beast before AP got there and continued to be a beast both playing along side AP and as a starter when he went out last year. Either way, here's what you said:

Quote:
In my opinion they arent, they just have a beast of a RB named adrian petersen and he cant win the game by himself.
So, titans kool aid or not, what makes the Titans any different? If you don't think they're that different then you don't think they're a good team since you also said you don't think the Vikings are a good team. I could go down the list of why the Vikings and the Titans are both considered good despite what they're both lacking, but it should be obvious that if you consider the Titans a good/great team then you can see why some would say the same about the Vikings. They look just like each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
And 1 AD and 1 CT, both of which are better than your two RBs. What do the Vikings bring to the table? Besides boasting the league's best run defense, arguably the best defensive line, and a ball-hawking defense in general, nothing much. Tennessee's gameplan is built around pounding the ball... and that type of offense plays right into the hands of our defense. I'll concede that the Titans are probably the better team, but this tone that you're emitting that somehow the Titans blow the Vikes out of the water is unfounded. Both teams are cut from the same cloth, so it's pretty ironic how you're saying we're nothing and bring nothing to the table.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »