Home

Report: Kiffin Fired

This is a discussion on Report: Kiffin Fired within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Report: Kiffin Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Thats probably just Al himself online
Good one dude!!That gave me a good laugh. Al probably watched his interview on ESPN later and didn't know that he was the guy on TV. An out of body experience of sorts for the guy. But hey at least he heard that the Raiders fired his coach today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 04:55 AM   #122

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Coaches rarely rant about the ownership afterwards, so that they don't alienate any future NFL employers. I'm sure people would understand Al Davis is an exceptional case. But I also think Kiffin knows there is little to gain by "exposing" Crazy Al. People know Al Davis is coo-coo for cocoa puffs.
I get ya but Kiffin doesnt have to rant about Davis, he needs to clarify and address it. The damage that can be done by ranting against ownership is the same damage that can be done if he doesnt defend himself and he comes off like a guy who consistently lies to make the front office look bad. I can completely understand why he doesnt want to get into a war or words but when someone is basically calling you a liar, you either stand up and protect your name or you say nothing and everyone assumes the accusations are correct.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 AM   #123
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
you either stand up and protect your name or you say nothing and everyone assumes the accusations are correct.

Does anyone outside the Raiders organization listen to anything Al Davis says and take it seriously?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:16 AM   #124

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Does anyone outside the Raiders organization listen to anything Al Davis says and take it seriously?
Maybe not but I know if someone steps up and basically attacks my character then Im going to, at the very least, defend myself. Maybe the owners all think Davis is a cook, and that wouldnt surprise me, but its still something that might be in the back of the minds of potential owners down the road if Kiffin is trying to get another job somewhere.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 18

I was watching the press conference yesterday, and couldn't help but wonder if Davis was alive or dead? Man is he fugly!

On a more relevant note, I think Kiffin should've defended himself, but it won't really hurt him since pretty much everyone involved with the NFL, whether it'd be the fan or the owner, thinks Davis is a joke and out of his damn mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #126
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I feel bad for Kiffin. While he knew what he was getting into, must suck to have your dream (NFL Head Coach) go down in flames due to an incompetent owner.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #127
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Maybe not but I know if someone steps up and basically attacks my character then Im going to, at the very least, defend myself. Maybe the owners all think Davis is a cook, and that wouldnt surprise me, but its still something that might be in the back of the minds of potential owners down the road if Kiffin is trying to get another job somewhere.
I get what you're saying. In 99% of similar cases, I'd agree w/you. Few things make me angrier than people assaulting my character. But there's also the danger of "he doth protest to much".

Right now, he's got an audience w/Goodell (whose silence in this fiasco is another example of his hypocrisy as dictator of the game & conduct), & he can make his case there instead of in the papers. And if Davis still refuses to pay him, then there is the courts. And we know its not advisable to vocalize your defense so that the opposing lawyers can be prepared to dissect it.

Kiffin is probably burning to defend himself. But that's why you pay agents & attorneys to think w/a level head for you.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #128
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I feel bad for Kiffin. While he knew what he was getting into, must suck to have your dream (NFL Head Coach) go down in flames due to an incompetent owner.
I can't feel sorry for him. You put your hand in the snake pit, you can't complain about getting bit. As I said earlier in this thread, anyone who accepts the HC job w/Al Davis as the GP has no self respect.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »