Home

Bengals vs Cowboys

This is a discussion on Bengals vs Cowboys within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Bengals vs Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
IMO, Brian Stewart needs to go.

I know Jerry has the money to bring in somebody who run the 3-4 AND be effective with it.
Co-Sizzle. However, I think Wade needs to go. It's his defense. I noticed in the Chargers thread that Charger fans and Cowboys fans ask the same question. "why are our corners playing 10 yards off the receiver?" This is so evident on 1st down. It never fails, quick pass to the receiver, corner misses tackle, first down or 2nd and short. The common denominator on both teams, Wade Phillips defenses.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 10-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #74
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I think ya'll should go back to the 4-3 and just let the Corners play man with a little zone here and there.

It pains me because ya'll Defense is better than that but everytime I watch ya'll I see the same thing. 4 Man Rush with a little blitz up the middle here and there.

I was at my boy's house watching this game and I told him their secondary has the Curse of Darren Woodson because it seems like ever since he retired, the Pass Defense has not been any better.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #75
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Co-Sizzle. However, I think Wade needs to go. It's his defense. I noticed in the Chargers thread that Charger fans and Cowboys fans ask the same question. "why are our corners playing 10 yards off the receiver?" This is so evident on 1st down. It never fails, quick pass to the receiver, corner misses tackle, first down or 2nd and short. The common denominator on both teams, Wade Phillips defenses.
But if you got rid of Wade you'd get rid of his goofy first down waves and dancing whenever something goes right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #76
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Good point BK, why did they get rid of Rudi? He didn't do anything to make them release him, he produced while on the field, I don't know what they saw from CP that made them think Rudi was expendable.
$$$$$$$$$

As far as this game, I actually saw most of the 4th quarter. They did some dumb things again and had some bad breaks but at least they made a decent showing. Still, playing up to the competition when they themselves suck is nothing new for this franchise. That was a common occurrence in the 90's. Their just more talented overall right now than they were any season in the 90's post Sam Wyche & Boomer Esiason.

I vowed to not support the franchise after the release of Big Willie and Rudi, as well as finding out the founder of the franchise never wanted to win Super Bowls because it would end up costing him too much money having to pay players if they won, but I have watched the last couple of games a little out of habit. They're still my hometown team. My heart just isn't in it anymore. I hate the owner too much.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 10-06-2008, 04:48 AM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I really have a hard time watching dallas d. Cowboys are playing a wco and playing 5-7 yards off the wr. Dink and dunk all the way the field. Why spend so much money on db when you are playing so passive.

Bk please explain. I am really confused.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:50 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I think ya'll should go back to the 4-3 and just let the Corners play man with a little zone here and there.

It pains me because ya'll Defense is better than that but everytime I watch ya'll I see the same thing. 4 Man Rush with a little blitz up the middle here and there.

I was at my boy's house watching this game and I told him their secondary has the Curse of Darren Woodson because it seems like ever since he retired, the Pass Defense has not been any better.
I agree. Having Newman play 5-7 yards off the wr doesn't make sense.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #79
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

This is the way you play when you have a weak head coach overseeing a roster loaded with talent and big egos. You've GOT to have a strong leader with a team like this, and Wade Phillips is not a strong leader.

Set his defense aside, which I hate, and just look at him specifically. Does anyone in that room respect or fear the man? Sure, they like him. He's like that substitute teacher who's just glad to be drawing a paycheck for the day.

I hate teams that act like they can just flip the switch whenever they need to. It almost always plays out that the switch never really gets flipped. Coming off a loss and playing a weak opponent at home, Dallas should have rolled up the Bengals yesterday, especially with a 17-0 start to the game.

I also thought Jason Garrett was overcompensating for the criticism he got for not running the ball against Washington (Felix Jones had 0 carries, and Barber barely carried the ball). Yes, we need to stick to the running game, but not EXCLUSIVELY. It was run-run-pass all day, except when it was run-run-run-punt.

Overall, I'm not pleased at all with the way Dallas is being managed. Owen is rarely sent in motion, which is what got him much of what he did last year, and the defense is playing so far off the receivers and so passively, it makes no sense.

Lastly, I was bothered by Romo's body language. That just isn't him, letting everything bother him so much. Sure he threw a few wild pitches, but he can't get that down on himself in the second quarter with a 10+ point lead. He's got to let the bad throws go, like he usually is able to do.

I feel uninspired at this junction of the season. Sure, 4-1 is great, but it's HOW the team is playing that troubles me.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #80
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...ry/951840.html

Don't know if anybody read this but here is an interesting article on Wade Phillips.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »