Home

WTF is wrong w/ the Cowboys???

This is a discussion on WTF is wrong w/ the Cowboys??? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #33
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: WTF is wrong w/ the Cowboys???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Animal
Finally, you kick the defense in the *** and tell him to start playing some football. How does a front seven that consists of:

Chris Canty, Jay Ratliff, Marcus Spears
Demarcus Ware, Bradie James, Zach Thomas, Greg Ellis (a good run defender as it is)

?
Because Canty and Spears are simply not that good. Thomas is still pretty good but is obviously wearing down, he simply doesn't have the stamina to be an every down LB. Greg Ellis is completely out of position as a 3-4 OLB. He's a 4-3 DE, there's simply no way around it. Bradie James is Bradie James.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Better financial sense? I won't rehash the entire long thread already on the topic but how does paying a guy that wanted to play in Dallas anyway $20 mil guaranteed (more than TO) make "better financial sense" than anything?

As far as "What has Tennessee done lately?" well they're the only undefeated team in the NFL so they've done more than the Cowboys lately. If "lately" didn't mean this year then they went as far as the Cowboys last year.
Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade. Cowboy fans shouldn't be beating their chests about doing anything more than any other team out there.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #35

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
Blasphemy, everybody cares about the Cowboys.
You got me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich83
What is going on in Dallas??? The Cowboys started off as pre-season favorites to go to the Superbowl. They started off 3-0 and then lost to the Redskins (understandable) then almost lost to some team from Ohio, like the Bangers, or wait I think it was the Bengals. Lost to some red chickens in AZ, now they've gone and lost to the STL Mountain Goats. What the hell is happening??? I thought I was a fan of 'America's Team', but it looks like I'm a fan of a bunch of sissy Mcgirlyfarts. What is going on?? Are Wade and Jerry letting the players get drunk on f'n wussy juice before the games or what?? Johnson is a veteran QB, but today he played like he has never held a football in his life. I know half the defense is injured, but damn, the guys who are left are supposedly NFL professional football players, but at times it looked like my nephew's flag football team out there. WHAT IS HAPPENNING AND WHEN WILL IT STOP????
The problem with the Cowboys is the same as it is with the Chargers. They simply aren't as good as people thought they were. Simple as that. Both teams just aren't that good.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #37
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

I was reading an ESPN article this morning while in class but cant remember the writer's long name.. basically he said Jones is planning for a no cap year in 2010-2011 so thats the reasoning behind paying by the truckload
Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #38
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Animal
You know, you're like the only one clever enough to think of that today.

The Cowboys will have 9 draft picks heading into the draft. Considering they'd likely draft a WR in the first round as it is, they figured it make better financial sense to trade for a WR that is at least proven and puts them in better position to remain stable for once Owens retires considering his age.

And yet, despite it making the most logical sense, haters will still be haters. What has Tennessee done lately? It's funny that while in Houston, ya'll couldn't win the big game ... and in Tennessee ya'll can't win the big game still. Cowboys haven't won a whole lot lately but we've still done more than Tennessee.

Cowboys defense is going to have to stop allowing so many points on the board. Yes, the offense is full of dynamic playmakers but you can't expect an offense to score 40 to 50 points every game just to win. It's be nice but it's unrealistic.
Dude, the same year the Cowboys won their last playoff game, most soon-to-be Titans fans were cheering for Peyton Manning's Vols to beat Eddie George's Buckeyes in the Citrus Bowl. We had no idea that we were getting an NFL team. And how exactly are the Titans relevant to this discussion? This thread is about what is wrong with the Cowboys, and the answer to that is pretty simple: Jerry Jones. We've had our own issues with the owner getting too involved in the organization. Chow wanted Leinart, Fisher wanted Cutler... and Bud Adams orders the team to draft VY. One of the reasons that Denver traded up to get Cutler was because of Fisher's recommendation to Shanahan. If Bud Adams had listened to his coach, the Titans would be looking pretty good at QB right now.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #39
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'll tell you what's wrong, this team doesn't have the fire nor the energy. They got a head coach who isn't a consistent winner and the coordinators while pretty good (especially Garrett) are very young for the jobs. The players are victims of their own success and the organization has vastly overrated its defense.

How's that?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #40
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
I was reading an ESPN article this morning while in class but cant remember the writer's long name.. basically he said Jones is planning for a no cap year in 2010-2011 so thats the reasoning behind paying by the truckload
Interesting. That at least has some logic to it, but extremely risky. Either way, it's good to know there was at least SOME thinking behind it (or an explanation that's not trying to talk around it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'll tell you what's wrong, this team doesn't have the fire nor the energy. They got a head coach who isn't a consistent winner and the coordinators while pretty good (especially Garrett) are very young for the jobs. The players are victims of their own success and the organization has vastly overrated its defense.

How's that?
That's actually pretty good. Thread done, lock it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »