Home

WEEK 8:REDSKINS @ LIONS

This is a discussion on WEEK 8:REDSKINS @ LIONS within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: WEEK 8:REDSKINS @ LIONS

Oh yea, Skins 28, Lions 16. Sorry Kruza
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
With Portis is on pace to run for almost 380 carries, I'd love nothing more than to see his workload lightened a bit. He's already missing practice, and the Skins at this point need to be thinkning about the future. After the bye, we have Seatle, Dallas, then Pit. We shouldn't need 20+ carries from CP to put away the Lions, if we do, I'm severly worried about our chances versus tougher competition. This is a perfect opportunity to work Shaun into the offense.
Exactly that pace should be around 350, plus he will have the playoff load. Seriously when the weather gets worse we will lean on CP more. This is a game that we shouldn't need him but for 15 carries or so. In 2005 he had his best year with the skins 353 carries, 1516 yards, 11 TDs he is on pace to crush that this year. I just don't want him to wear down when we need him most. The best thing for Portis is if we can get our passing game to the next level. Air it out a bit more in this game, while still protecting the football.

I hope the defense can get us 2 or 3 turnovers. That would help too as it would give us more chances with the ball.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #19
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Man, why was this tread even created? LOL... talk about rubbing salt on an open wound.

Anyway, I kind of wanted to see how the young guys do this week, but I'm not really angry that this game is being blacked out here either.

Kruza

I really think y'all should give Drew Stanton a try..I liked him in college and think he'll be an ok pro..I mean after the last qb ran out the endzone and still tried to pass it..I would've been sat him down.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #20
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
If there was only one more game left to play, then I'd agree fully. Unfortunately, there are 9. I know that kind of logic pisses off fans who have Portis on their fantasy team, but with Ladell out, there is some uncertainty about the production you're getting from your bench (Rock, Alexander)

With Portis is on pace to run for almost 380 carries, I'd love nothing more than to see his workload lightened a bit. He's already missing practice, and the Skins at this point need to be thinkning about the future. After the bye, we have Seatle, Dallas, then Pit. We shouldn't need 20+ carries from CP to put away the Lions, if we do, I'm severly worried about our chances versus tougher competition. This is a perfect opportunity to work Shaun into the offense.

I see where you're coming from..but we play the steelers next week then we have our bye..then we have Dallas and Seatle. We do have to lighten up his load a little bit, I have full faith in Alexander and rock..hopefully Betts can come back strong after the bye. We can't look down on the Lions though, On any giving sunday a team can be beat as we saw witht he Rams..We have to come out with the same intensity.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Go Skins! put them away early and rest Portis. I also think they should look into finding another RB, I really don't like the way Shaun Alexander ran he still looks very soft. Maybe they find Mason and sign him coach up his flaws.
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 11

Obviously, if we can go up 20 or 28 pts early...I see no reason not to rest Portis. Like one of the above said, you start looking at the schedule and you forget that your in a dog fight right now. Nothing is given in the NFL. We have played some poor teams have have lost to the Rams, and squeaked by the Browns. Barely won against the Saints and Eagles. Who is this team or fans of this team to think we are going to have a cake walk against the Lions?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
Go Skins! put them away early and rest Portis. I also think they should look into finding another RB, I really don't like the way Shaun Alexander ran he still looks very soft. Maybe they find Mason and sign him coach up his flaws.
Seems lots of skins fans don't know the deal on Mason. He's on the practice squad on the ravens.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #24
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

yeah, they could sign mason if they wanted him bad enough. the thing is he is not going to get on the field before cartwright, he can't play special teams worth a crap, and dude cannot block on passing downs. he is a good runner but needs more time to get his game complete. there is a reason he transferred from illinois to youngstown state, he does not have a complete game. hell if he was that good the ravens would move him up from the practice squad...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »