Home

Browns name Brady Quinn starter.

This is a discussion on Browns name Brady Quinn starter. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Browns name Brady Quinn starter.

Everyone knows how much I cannot stand the Browns, but I will be the first to admit that I was impressed by Brady Quinn's performance last night. If the Browns' defense actually played a competent game (I'm especially talking to you, Mr. McDonald) then Quinn would have handily won his first NFL start and the critics wouldn't be so harsh. The only reason more people aren't admitting that they were impressed by Quinn last night is because the Browns lost the game. And at the end of the day, wins and losses are the most important stat of all.

PS - Jake Delhomme got the axe for Quinn as my backup QB on my fantasy team at about midnight last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #66
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

Sure they have potential to be playmakers but them actually making plays is the difference. Like wwharton said.. on paper they should be but are they playing like it? Not this year. For example, Braylon Edwards.. 1 reception, 15 yards. You HAVE to get him the ball more than that.

I'm not knocking Quinn at all. I did find his debut impressive but playing that dink and dump offense could be a part of the critics, "Can he throw the deep ball?" Which is why I asked was it him making those check downs or was it game planned that way.

Last edited by HungryBologna; 11-08-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Why would you want the worst tackling CB in history on your team if you can't tackle up front? lol
CB's tackling abilities are the least of the problems for that defense.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:51 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClmG9SVgXvc

Really? Take a look at our CB {and LB for that matter...}
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #69
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClmG9SVgXvc

Really? Take a look at our CB {and LB for that matter...}
What's your point? If you can't tackle in the front 7 and you can't get to the QB, CB play is basically irrelevant. You could have the greatest 4 DB's in the history of the game and it wouldn't matter. Just watch the Chargers. Cromartie, Jammer and Cason are about as good of a set of CB's as you will find in the league right now, and they're getting killed on defense because the front 7 has been awful.

Good defenses begin with being good in the front 7. Cleveland is not good in the front 7.

Last edited by bkrich83; 11-08-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #70
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryBologna
Sure they have potential to be playmakers but them actually making plays is the difference. Like wwharton said.. on paper they should be but are they playing like it? Not this year. For example, Braylon Edwards.. 1 reception, 15 yards. You HAVE to get him the ball more than that.

I'm not knocking Quinn at all. I did find his debut impressive but playing that dink and dump offense could be a part of the critics, "Can he throw the deep ball?" Which is why I asked was it him making those check downs or was it game planned that way.
That's true. I don't think they need anything else on offense though, b/c all the guys they have (including JJ who's on IR this year) are better than they're playing. I think the gameplan was set up for Quinn to not make any mistakes. They probably wanted to give Edwards a break from the heat too. Hell the pass Quinn through that went over his head and was obviously uncatchable still brought a ton of boos from the crowd. I don't know how great his arm is but he should be more accurate than Anderson.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #71
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What's your point? If you can't tackle in the front 7 and you can't get to the QB, CB play is basically irrelevant. You could have the greatest 4 DB's in the history of the game and it wouldn't matter. Just watch the Chargers. Cromartie, Jammer and Cason are about as good of a set of CB's as you will find in the league right now, and they're getting killed on defense because the front 7 has been awful.

Good defenses begin with being good in the front 7. Cleveland is not good in the front 7.
Great point.

We arguably have the worst LB corp in the biz, and we run...a 3-4? Really?

McDonald is left on an island WAAAY too often for a 2nd year starter since we always need Sean Jones in on run support. Had McGinnis not been MANHANDLED by the freakin TE on that 4th and short, the Browns win that game. Lets shore up the LB's before we hang our young CB's out to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
They have to hire a head coach with NFL head coaching experience, preferrably one who has won before (and has an enormous jaw).
My name is Hank McCoy, and I approve this message.

Seruiously, I've said it before...Crennell gives this team absolutely no identity whatsoever.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 11-09-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »